An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Rosary as a necklace

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Rosary as a necklace?  

70 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

[img]http://www.lyptonvillage.org/gallery/albums/u2gallery/399u2_l8.jpg[/img]

BONO

KizlarAgha

Are you not supposed to wear it? I used to wear mine as a necklace...then for awhile I wrapped it around my wrist...but the dangly cross was annoying. So now I use Muslim prayer beads.

toledo_jesus

has Bono ever been a good example? except of course when it comes to the poor in Africa or whatever he's says he staying in music for.

KizlarAgha

Ok. So what do you do with your rosary when you aren't using it??

I wear muslim prayer beads on my wrist so I can pray whenever I feel like it. How would I do that with a rosary without wearing it?

you put it in a pouch in your pocket... I personally put it in with my Bible in my Bible case, and i carry my Bible around most of the time.

oh kiz, dude, they have sweet rosary chaplets that ARE bracelets so that you could pray it. its made for wearing, not as a fashion statement but as a convience prayer tool. also rosary rings and keychains!

[quote] Ok. So what do you do with your rosary when you aren't using it??

I wear muslim prayer beads on my wrist so I can pray whenever I feel like it. How would I do that with a rosary without wearing it?

[/quote]

are you Catholic, A Mohamedist, or a Orthodox?

KizlarAgha

[quote name='kateri05' date='May 31 2005, 05:44 PM'] oh kiz, dude, they have sweet rosary chaplets that ARE bracelets so that you could pray it. its made for wearing, not as a fashion statement but as a convience prayer tool. also rosary rings and keychains! [/quote]
Eh...I like my muslim beads....they're beautiful rosewood...

KizlarAgha

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='May 31 2005, 05:45 PM']
are you Catholic, A Mohamedist, or a Orthodox? [/quote]
A cradle Catholic who almost converted to Orthodoxy on the way back to the Church and who studies Medieval Islam and loves Muslim stuff.

HomeTeamFamily

i saw derick from the RR/RW challenge (back off, its my guilty pleasure lol) wearing one.....i think its tacky and the people who do it, it seems like do it for the attention rather than a sign of faith

Dreamweaver

The rosary, as beautiful as they are, are a tool to be while praying. They weren't designed to be mere necklaces. However, there are rosary necklaces and bracelets that are designed to be prayed on as well. AFAIK, the only difference is that they have clasps so they fit better and are easier to take off/on.