An Old School Catholic Message Board

Chastity issue/arrousal

curtins

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='KizlarAgha' date='Jun 3 2005, 10:16 PM'] Women sweat, but less. [/quote]
Well, most women here probably appreciate testosterone for helping to give them good men. Testosterone is fine...the problem is when men willfully give in to it's flaws.

St. Joseph, pray for us!

yeah St. Joe pray for us dudes

i still think the whole puberty think could be a bit easier and less complicated but oh well

ill bring that up with God next time i ssee him :D :D

Edited by curtins

let_go_let_God

From a woman's point of view, it's nothing to worry about; however, if you tend to dwell on it too long, it may lead you to sin. It doesn't sound like it would happen because you are being careful, it's a temptation that you need to deal with in your own way. Also whoever pointed out that the sexual peak for men is 18 is correct, so hormonally you are fine, I guess.

God bless-
LGLG

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='curtins' date='Jun 3 2005, 10:24 PM'] yeah St. Joe pray for us dudes

i still think the whole puberty think could be a bit easier and less complicated but oh well

ill bring that up with God next time i ssee him :D :D [/quote]
It is tough and confusing...but make it through and you will be a knight of St. Joseph.

Become a knight of St. Joseph and women and men alike will look up to you as a role model.

Weird how that happens...

Testosterone is cool.

So are all the rest of the hormones ^_^

Anyways hang in there. I know that it is hard and thoughts creep in but remember to say the name of Jesus over and over. He will chase them away :)

Also I have to disagree with the statement women sweat less. Although that is the general trend it depends on the woman too. I mean if a woman has a higher metabolism then she is going to sweat like a man. The reason that men sweat more is because they generate more heat and thus need to get rid of it.

Meg.

i love how the thread has turned into a discussion on sweating habits of men and women. i think that all women would agree that life would be pretty boring if we were all loaded with estrogen...;) we men have our weak points, i will admit. not sure if i'd add sweat to that list, though....
and i agree with raphael. not just women, but all will notice when you've truly become chaste and pure. it's a beautiful thing!

st joseph, pray for us!!!

peace,
chris

hmmm i say the world should over turn deoderant companies and lets all stink- we'd cancel each other out and id be ok- plus we'd save money

let_go_let_God

I sweat almost as much as a guy, but only at work. I guess manual labor would do that to you. However, women sweat much less noticebly than men.

God bless-
LGLG

KizlarAgha

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Jun 3 2005, 11:18 PM'] I sweat almost as much as a guy, but only at work. I guess manual labor would do that to you. However, women sweat much less noticebly than men.

God bless-
LGLG [/quote]
Indeed. I've totally noticed the difference.

crusader1234

Attaching guilt to arousal when you shouldn't feel guilty is a recipe for sexual disfunction later on in life, so just chill - you won't be adolescent forever.

crusader1234

[quote name='curtins' date='Jun 3 2005, 10:34 PM'] hmmm i say the world should over turn deoderant companies and lets all stink- we'd cancel each other out and id be ok- plus we'd save money [/quote]
:huh:

No. Don't. Lol.

I've been in a classroom full of kids wearing no deoderant that are your age, and its gross. It doesn't cancel out, it multiplys.

Christ's Knight

Remember, Jesus went through puberty. He knows all the "fun" it is/was.
Dont dwell on any bodily functions but look at her/them as God's children. When I feel that urge I think of our Lord's Passion. That clears the air faster than the stench of impurity's onset. (No pun intended, with all the stink & sweat comments)

I've seen women with facial hair before. I was in a walmart in a little town in Kansas. It was gross. Shave it or something!

[quote name='Matty_boy' date='Jun 8 2005, 11:17 PM']I've seen women with facial hair before.  I was in a walmart in a little town in Kansas.  It was gross.  Shave it or something!
[right][snapback]607738[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Shaving it makes it grow back thicker and fuller... you don't want to see that. Besides, facial hair on women is one of those no-no topics, master. <_<

I sweat, and then I smell really gross... like my dad even. I just make more of a point to take a shower if I think I might smell icky, and I get the option of wearing more smelly stuff than a guy could get away with.

I would also like to take this moment to chastise anyone who is assuming women can't stuggle with purity, too. It is a hard road, and I think everyone should remember that, gender partially excluded (becuase I hear it is a lot harder to be a man, but want the women who stuggle not to think it is only guys who are allowed to have that problem)

Edited by iggy