ardillacid

master_alterserver

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Jun 9 2005, 10:07 PM']Justin

I wasnt speeding either time.

Amen
[right][snapback]608366[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

obviously my quote thing works

I've never been pulled over...but I've heard that light cars look like they go faster than they actualy are going

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Jun 8 2005, 10:33 PM']aaklsgh;ljksdfhtg;jaokh, the quote thing doenst work for me!!

"  It's not that your luck was bad . . . the trooper's luck was good. How often does an air-tight speeding conviction wander into the crosswalk?"

^^^I don't get it

amen
[right][snapback]607701[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

somebody else already said it . . . if you don't speed, you don't get stopped

the trooper was lucky because (from the sound of your initial description) this wasn't just a couple of miles over, it was a lot of miles over. those charged with 1-5 over can almost always disprove intent by having their spedometers tested - that's within the margin of error for equipment, and if you pay a couple hundred bucks to get the spedometer calibrated, you avoid the moving violation and end up with defective equipment (better for your insurance premiums)

Hmm...why doesn't anyone take what i say seriously? :blink: :huh: :ph34r: :mellow: :rolling: :huh: ^_^ :P -_- :wacko: :wacko: :lol: :cyclops: -_- :o ^_^ ;) :wacko:

I didn't speed either time.

1st time: i go by two cops and drift onto the shoulder. It was a friday night and a carful of teenagers, they thought i had been drinking at a parttty.

2nd time; my brother looks around for cops at intersection. doesnt see the one right across from us. then he throws smoke bomb. we get pulled over.

i didnt speed either time

amen

LiL Kat Said

*shivers*

...cops

whenever i see a cop car i get scared and drive like under the speed limit w/o realizing it hahaha.

My mom has always like set the idea in my head that we need to "watch out" in a sense for cops b/c we live in a primarily white neighboor hood and we're hispanic.
It is weird though that they pull over my brother ALOT for no obvious reason....
and they have pulled over his black friend at least 6-7 times (he's black and drives a cadillac) and these are all when they're driving in the neighborhood and not driving recklessly or anything.

I hope i never get pulled over!

You know, I kknow some cops are racist, but i think minorities play that card way too much. Illegals commit over 6000 murders a year. Blacks commit most interracial violence. percentagewise, they commit crimes way more than whites. My grandfather was mexican, and i dont think he would like the way people play the race card everytime someone is pulled over or talked to by a cop or arrested. I know whites who have been seemingly randomly pulled over. I don't think it was racism since the cops were white. but if the people had been black, would they have complained about racism?

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Jun 12 2005, 10:04 PM']Hmm...why doesn't anyone take what i say seriously?  :blink:  :huh:  :ph34r:  :mellow:  :rolling:  :huh:  ^_^  :P  -_-  :wacko:  :wacko:  :lol:  :cyclops:  -_-  :o  ^_^  ;)  :wacko:

I didn't speed either time.

1st time: i go by two cops and drift onto the shoulder. It was a friday night and a carful of teenagers, they thought i had been drinking at a parttty.

2nd time; my brother looks around for cops at intersection. doesnt see the one right across from us. then he throws smoke bomb. we get pulled over.

i didnt speed either time

amen
[right][snapback]610073[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

sorry, I missed the not speeding post

the first one - look at it from the officer's point of view - just from the above statement, if you were a trooper, wouldn't you have stopped a car full of teens that appeared to be drven by someone not properly controlling the vehicle . . . think about all the angry parents if they found out their kids could have been saved

the second one - if your brother is going to throw smoke bombs from the car, what do you expect? Is that permitted under the motor vehicle statutes in your state? What does that do for the visibility for other drivers on the road?

I'm finding it real hard to find any basis for sympathy here

Journeyman, have you ever drifted out of your lane or onto a shoulder? :o you should have been pulled over :lol:

Ok, the smoke bombs were girly man ones and were carp and made hardly any smoke. plus where he threw it obscured no one's view of anything.

I do understand that the cops had every right to pull me over, I'm just asking why it is I, (who is a perfectly sane drriver) instead of my friend who drives over 100 miles an hour.

I do not ask for sympathy.

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Jun 13 2005, 12:19 AM']Journeyman, have you ever drifted out of your lane or onto a shoulder? :o you should have been pulled over :lol: 
[right][snapback]610213[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

more times than I can count . . . but I was alone most of the time

one time I pulled over to speak to my kids about the rabble rousing in the back seat, and it turned out there was a ditch hiding in the tall grass . . . it got very quiet in the back seat as the car started sliding sideways . . . we were all happy to see the trooper that morning

[quote name='ardillacid' date='Jun 13 2005, 12:19 AM']Ok, the smoke bombs were girly man ones and were carp and made hardly any smoke. plus where he threw it obscured no one's view of anything.

I do understand that the cops had every right to pull me over, I'm just asking why it is I, (who is a perfectly sane drriver) instead of my friend who drives over 100 miles an hour.

I do not ask for sympathy.
[right][snapback]610213[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

weak or strong, this is not the decade to be doing anything with any sort of "bomb" . . . sad to say, practical jokes and other hijinks are going the way of the dinosaurs . . .

your friend's day is coming . . . just try not to smirk when it gets here . . . and pray it doesn't result in an accident . . . at those speeds, they tend to be fatal

[quote name='journeyman' date='Jun 13 2005, 09:19 PM']more times than I can count . . . but I was alone most of the time

one time I pulled over to speak to my kids about the rabble rousing in the back seat, and it turned out there was a ditch hiding in the tall grass . . . it got very quiet in the back seat as the car started sliding sideways . . . we were all happy to see the trooper that morning
weak or strong, this is not the decade to be doing anything with any sort of "bomb"  . . .  sad to say, practical jokes and other hijinks are going the way of the dinosaurs . . .
your friend's day is coming . . . just try not to smirk when it gets here . . . and pray it doesn't result in an accident . . . at those speeds, they tend to be fatal
[right][snapback]610988[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Did the officer make you take the breathalizer? I don't think so.

Yes, practical jokes are going bye-bye, i am glad to see someone esle is sad too.

yes his day cometh. hopefully he has slowed down since i've last asked him to.