An Old School Catholic Message Board

Nine women to defy Vatican to become priests

IXpenguin21

If they really desired to be priests, that would mean they loved the church.
If they loved the Church, they wouldn't want to be excommunicated.
Hence. These women cannot truly feel a desire to the priesthood.

If there are women who truly desire to be priests, they would be silently unifying there suffering with Christ. Not holding bogus ceremonies to divide and hurt people.

It's time Mother Church cracked down on the convents that are leading people astray. There are some orders of nuns that need to be reprimanded.

Good Friday

[quote name='Ash Wednesday']I wonder if Papa Ratzi will get to issue the first excommunications of his papacy.[/quote]
The prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith will probably do it, at least if Pope Benedict XVI follows the tradition of Pope John Paul II. I don't think Pope John Paul II ever personally issued an excommunication (although he would have approved all of them); they were all issued by then-Cardinal Ratzinger.

The ordaining "bishops" were already excommunicated by the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith a few years ago after they were "ordained" and refused to repudiate their "ordinations."

thessalonian

Just read the article on Catholic.org. Ah, a good old fashion excommunication comming to North America! :drool: Let's clean house on this nonsense. :wacko:

Note how the one nun is all for gay marriage as well. Says she might be called to do some.

IXpenguin21

um... my question is if they are knowingly going against the wishes of the Vatican, doesn't that make them not Catholic?

Last time I checked, allegiance to the Bishop of Rome was a pretty significant requirement for a faithful Catholic.

thessalonian

[quote name='IXpenguin21' date='Jun 9 2005, 04:36 PM']um...  my question is if they are knowingly going against the wishes of the Vatican, doesn't that make them not Catholic?

Last time I checked, allegiance to the Bishop of Rome was a pretty significant requirement for a faithful Catholic.
[right][snapback]608124[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

The article says they will likely be excommunicated very quickly. :drool:

IXpenguin21

i know. i was being sarcastic.

this whole situation is ripe for criticism and mockery, but it is a very sad thing.

the priesthood and Catholic hierarchy are looked at as athoritative positions, when in fact, they are just the opposite. this distorted view of the Church's leaders is really only a perversion of the truth of Christ's actions at the Last Supper, washing the feet of the Apostles. If a woman desires status in the Church, she may have it, for we are all members of the Church. If she wants the ability to serve in the Church, she may have it, for we are all called to serve equaly. If she wants to administer sacraments, she may not have it, but it doesn't change anything about her status or value in the eyes of the Church.

Why can't people just shut-up and love one another? :beer: :group:

like defying the one with the keys to the kingdom of heaven is gonna get them what they want. lol. There aint no way and no how it will ever be valid.

Guest Eremite

A must-read:

[url="http://churchofthemasses.blogspot.com/2005/05/fighting-hard-for-legacy-of-failure-in.html"]http://churchofthemasses.blogspot.com/2005...failure-in.html[/url]

[quote]They are so like the nostalgic Marxists who taught me in grad school. Even six years after the wall had smashed down, they just wouldn't give over that Communism was a failure.[/quote]