An Old School Catholic Message Board

road trip

theculturewarrior

theculturewarrior

Hello!

I'm planning on touring the States the Summer of 2006. I will have graduated from grad school and I will have saved up enough money to do it in style. Anybody interested in a visit from a phatmasser? I might bring a friend, and I might bring the WarriorPrincess, for a little bit of the trip, if theCultureMom lets me.

Right now, I'm planning on visiting my sister in Spokane, and I want to visit the Monastery in Laredo again. Also, I'd like to see Steubie and Christendom, and maybe introduce myself to their reference librarians. And I'm definitely going to stop at University of Dallas on the way back. It's a long way off, I know, but if you want to see me, let me know.

Beware though, I'm bringing my guitar. ^_^

franciscanheart

I'll jam with you here in Dallas!! Haha and I'll even follow you here from your visit with the community of saint john in laredo!! ^_^

God Conquers

Well, Ottawa is pretty hospitable!

However it doesn't fall into the category of "the States".

It is beautiful in the summer though.

Heyyy! Can you come to Dalton, Georgia? It's near the border of Georgia and Tennessee. Big Hispanic Catholic Land, and we've got a great parish :D Pleeeease?

theculturewarrior

Well, I didn't plan on going through Georgia or Tennessee, but I was going to go through D.C. to visit family there, and it's pretty much just a hop skip and a jump, and I love Southerners! (I'm an Okie!) I'll take that one as it comes.

But I'm definitely going through Dallas, God willing.

Come up to Cleveland for the FEST if you can - you can check it out on the D of Cleveland's website - it's faaabulous.

theculturewarrior

[quote name='God Conquers' date='Jun 9 2005, 12:34 PM']Well, Ottawa is pretty hospitable!

However it doesn't fall into the category of "the States".

It is beautiful in the summer though.
[right][snapback]607961[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'd like to visit some canadian libraries. I'll bet their wonderful! And I'm going to try to pick up some French by buddying up with some of the French speakers down here. Hmmmm. :thinking:

theculturewarrior

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jun 9 2005, 04:38 PM']I'd like to visit some canadian libraries. I'll bet their wonderful! And I'm going to try to pick up some French by buddying up with some of the French speakers down here. Hmmmm. :thinking:
[right][snapback]608127[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

But then I hear Canadians make gravy fries out of guys like me. :(

theculturewarrior

Well, I do have some friends in Maine, but I don't think they're expecting me, and I didn't want to just drop in, but if they [i]invite[/i] me, :unsure: I might go through Philly. But then I hear Pennsylvania is the Turnpike State. :unsure:

God Conquers

We doo have some nice librairies.

But not in Ottawa.

However, poutine is a delicacy wich MUST be sampled along with the ever-popular and delicious Beaver Tail.

• 3 weeks later...
theculturewarrior

I was mistaken. I meant that I would be roadtripping in the Summer of 2007.

(Summer of 2006 I'm going to be working full-time and taking three graduate courses. I'm shaking in my boots. :skitzo: )

God willing, of course!

theculturewarrior

I want to visit the following people:

Sojourner
The maynerds
Raphael
Anybody at Steubie (including Raphael, if he's still there).
Iacobus will be in college then, if he's not already now. I would like to show him what I have been writing. :D
Theoketos, of course!

And all of the people who have responded in the affirmative above.

I would like to visit homeschoolmom and family too. :)