An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mr. and Mrs. Smith

Dudette

It's coming out tomorrow......I don't want to see it in theatres, but I think I'll rent it when it comes out....just wanna know what you guys think. It looks super insane, action packed....hmm....

I just want to know if they end up killing each other........ =)

Edited by jmjtina

Kilroy the Ninja

"I just want to know if they end up killing each other........ =)"

Kinda like another War of the Roses?? I hope not...

I saw the movie about 3 weeks ago at a special screening. It's not bad and Brad Pitt's acting is great as usual. There are a couple of holes. At one point, one of their cars gets wrecked and then two scenes later they're driving it again and it looks fine.

Sadly, there is a sex scene but no nudity.

There was one scene in the movie where a guy and a girl are having a fist-fight and the lighting and absence of lighthearted background music makes the scene look more like a domestic abuse scene rather than a regular action movie fight scene.

yeah, my friend told me there were some scenes in it. That's the only reason why I'm not going to see it in theatres. ;)

sarcasmguy126

I saw the preview for this on Star Wars, among other previews. It looks like Jolie and Pitt are husband-and-wife who must kill each other in intense, action sequences involving machine guns and some ualized fighting ("who's your daddy?")

No thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Excessively violent -- not to mention dull and unfunny -- action comedy about a couple (Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie) living an ordinary suburban life, each -- unbeknownst to the other -- a hired assassin working for rival organizations, and who, upon learning the truth, stop at nothing to try and kill each other. Director Doug Liman's stylized but unstylish action film is a trashy glorification of violence and ugly brutality, only fitfully watchable thanks to the attractiveness of its stars, whose onscreen chemistry is practically nil. The witless script hasn't even a smidgen of reality to ground the improbable proceedings, making for an unusually distasteful film. Relentless violence, cold-blooded murders, profanity, crude language, sexual situations and banter, suggestive costuming, implied premarital sex. [b]O -- morally offensive. (PG-13) 2005[/b]

* A-I -- general patronage;
* A-II -- adults and adolescents;
* A-III -- adults;
* L -- limited adult audience, films whose problematic content many adults would find troubling. L replaces the previous classification, A-IV.
* A-IV -- adults, with reservations (an A-IV classification designates problematic films that, while not morally offensive in themselves, require caution and some analysis and explanation as a safeguard against wrong interpretations and false conclusions);
* O -- morally offensive.