An Old School Catholic Message Board

World Cup 2006

Tony

Oceania are getting Jipped if the Socceroos-Soloman Islands winner lose to the South American team. FIFA had guarenteed Oceania a spot,then took it away! I think they deserve a full spot, not this 0.5 rubbish

wait so is Tony European or not? anyway soccer is sweet even though i don't follow world soccer or anything. I used to play but not anymore. I want to play again though...its a great sport.

Edited by Bfulk

I am for the US of A foremost, but I will also be cheering on Italy,Germany, Senegal (If they make it) and Switzerland (IF they make it)

• 2 weeks later...

No births to report, in fact, far from it, as every group is rather close

Senegal played to a 2-2 draw with Togo this past weekend.. they remain in 3rd in group 1. 2 points behind Togo, 1 behind Zambia .2 games left for everyone

South Africa was defeated by Ghana 2-0 in SA. They now both have the same amount of points, but Ghana is ahead on the goal differencial tie break . 2 Games left for everyone

Cameroon beat Libya 1-0, but Côte d'Ivoire retained their 2 point lead by beating Egypt 2-0 . 2 games left here as well

Angola and Nigeria both have 15 points in group 4, Angola has the tie break.. Zimbabwe is 3 points behind them in 3rd. 2 games left

Morocco is up on Tunisia by 2 points, but Tunisia has 1 more game left to play than Morocco with 3, Morocco has 2

before this started, I would of said that S. Africa, Senegal, and Cameroon would all make it to the World cup, but if the qualifying ended right now, none of them would make it.

nothing going on anywhere for qualifying until August, but the Confederation cup and World Youth Championships are going on right now!.. USA lost to Italy yesterday in the youth tourney :(