An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pro-Life Hip Hop

Guest Eremite

Guest Eremite

Check out this video.

[url="http://www.jalive.com.jm/showvid.asp?strmArtist=Nick%20Cannon&ftr=&strmTitle=Can%20I%20live"]http://www.jalive.com.jm/showvid.asp?strmA...=Can%20I%20live[/url]

that song is so tight
they have been playen in on the radio lately here
i love the part where he says
"im'a child of the king aint no reason to fear me "
good stuff
i like nick cannon to
hes always confessed to be a christian, inside his liner notes of his last cd he gives thanks to Jesus Christ and then I saw him, I think on mtv cribs where he said something about being christian......although some of his lyrics have been shady in the past........good song though for sure

KnightoftheImmaculate1

I have a similar idea but with a Seven Sorrows song. When the girl runs out of the clinic is actually the exact same idea I had a while ago. Glad to see that someone famous did that. Graces for real.

Servvs

Jesus Walks part 2?

Make a song about a religious topic, then return to making songs about sex, money, and everything else poisonous to us as Catholics.

It's a good topic for a song...I guess I just about had it with mainstream music.

Now if he took the proceedes from this song..and donated it to the pro life movement....I would be really impressed.

[quote name='Dj 86' date='Jun 12 2005, 12:15 AM']Jesus Walks part 2?

Make a song about a religious topic, then return to making songs about sex, money, and everything else poisonous to us as Catholics.
It's a good topic for a song...I guess I just about had it with mainstream music.
Now if he took the proceedes from this song..and donated it to the pro life movement....I would be really impressed.
[right][snapback]609562[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
word up 86
u hear the new kanye song yet ?
its called diamonds
same stuff
he slips in a jesus line or two
who am i to judge though

[quote name='Dj 86' date='Jun 12 2005, 12:15 AM']Jesus Walks part 2?

[right][snapback]609562[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Exactly.

I think it's great. Hopefully it will help some people. God can use blunt tools wonderfully! And we are all blunt tools.

SevenSorrows

[quote name='KnightoftheImmaculate1' date='Jun 11 2005, 05:51 PM']I have a similar idea but with a Seven Sorrows song.  When the girl runs out of the clinic is actually the exact same idea I had a while ago.  Glad to see that someone famous did that.  Graces for real. 

Servvs
[right][snapback]609462[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Glad you had the idea and didn't tell us...hahahaha

But seriously....we are planning our video and they used some of our ideas...hahahahaha.

Our video should be alot better, we won't have millions of dollars backing it, but we won't have the coagulated milk aspect either.

I don't think we will have dan rapping in an abortion clinic in front of his mom...looking all thug. and we won't have any rapping/jumping kids at the end of our video either.

but I am praising God he put out that video, awesome. I hope it saves souls. It is cool that it is gettin on mtv a bit too.

melporcristo

This was an awesome song. And it actually made me tear up ... it's amazing Nick came out with this song because think about the type of listening audience Nick has. Most are in the pre-teen/ teen area where girls are facing these exact issues and very rarely are told the right thing to do. When I saw the video, it even made me think about the movie Coach Carter. So let's look at where Planned Parenthood and most abortion clinics are booming in sales and that is in the low-income residential areas -- so props to Nick for opposing abortion in the song. As much as I don't like MTV, I'm glad this came out when it did.

I agree that it is a good way to reach people. But why go back to the secular route with songs about "oh baby I need you so much, you look so hot, I just have to be with you tonight, I have a real nice car, clothes, and jewelery" type of songs.

The music business is really shady...they seem to follow whatever is in at the time. Kanye West won alot of awards and made alot of money from the song "Jesus Walks". I wonder if having one "Christian" song on your album is the new thing to do because it sells to that "untapped" Christian market.

If your are a Christian, isn't it a given that we have to make Him the center of our lives? If He is at the center of our life, then we are consumed with Him, if that is the case, we can't just turn our faith on and off depending on what the record sales say is in or not.

It's a great thing to reach the people with the message of truth!!! I just wish people wouldn't do it so half hartedly.

ya exactly
cuz homeboy was singing
" im'a jigalo i gots lots of dough ever where i go got another show blah blah blah so many hoesss "
lol remember that song with r kelly ???

i hope nicks whole album is solid, cuz he's a cool cat, he dont front like hes a thug or gangsta, i like him