An Old School Catholic Message Board

I was called a Child Molester today

KnightoftheRosary

KnightoftheRosary

So I am going to this community college and, oh my gosh! I just looked at the clock and I have to run to work or I will be late. But I really want to post what happen but I don't have enough time to do it, but it is on a blog of mine if you want to check it out before I put more details later tonight. It's [url="http://www.guardianofthesacraments.blogspot.com"]http://www.guardianofthesacraments.blogspot.com[/url], But I will post tonight also. have to run, sorry it was such a short post.
Peace and Blessings
-KOTR-

Edited by KnightoftheRosary

KnightoftheRosary

So I am at work and can finish my story!!!

So I go to school today and this young women ask me how old I am. I tell her that I am 21, a she goes on asking about the wedding ring that is on my left hand finger. I explain to her that it is my Chastity ring. And she was shocked, she asked me if it kept the girls away and I said no it was a great conversation operner and plust it get's the views on those who are for chastity and those who arn't. So we go back to our seats and sit down and she talks about how she has sex with her boyfriend and I was WOW TMI, but she ask the girl next her if she has sex with her boyfreind and she's like, "No my father is a pastor and I'm a christian". I'm sorry at this point I was rolling my eyes like whatever. Then they turn and ask me if I was interested or seeing any girls. And I replied well I am going into seminary. The girl who asked me about my Chastity Ring said well are you becoming a Catholic Priest and of course I was like YES! Then she said, "Well I will be sure to keep my children away from you."

At this point my heart litterally broke in two. It hurt so bad that someone was actually telling me that they were going to keep their children away from me beucase they thought I was going after a position of petophilia. I felt like someone had litterally slapped me across the face. Then in turn I said that I was the eldest of seven childeren and that I had no ambition to molest children, the the subject changed.

Let us pray for all young men who want to become priest, but are scaired off by the consequences

-KOTR-

MilesChristi

Rejoice, brother!

11: "Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
12: Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Mat.5:11-12)

All priests these days must endure ridicule and persecution for the sins of their fallen brothers. I know it's hard, brother, but God will give you the strength, courage, and love you need. God has allowed you to suffer some disgrace for the sake of the call. Consider it a blessing, and unite it to the sufferings of Christ whom you seek to follow to the very end.

franciscanheart

[quote name='MilesChristi' date='Jun 10 2005, 12:35 PM']Rejoice, brother!

11: "Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account.
12: Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so men persecuted the prophets who were before you. (Mat.5:11-12)

All priests these days must endure ridicule and persecution for the sins of their fallen brothers. I know it's hard, brother, but God will give you the strength, courage, and love you need. God has allowed you to suffer some disgrace for the sake of the call. Consider it a blessing, and unite it to the sufferings of Christ whom you seek to follow to the very end.
[right][snapback]608728[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
what he said. prayers.

ForHimAlone

God bless all our priests and seminarians! That's very heart-breaking that you would have to go through that. Just remember, Jesus was called a blasphemer. The world has a funny way of attacking everything beautiful, and the priesthood is one of the most beautiful things in this world. Just hang on to the beauty, and pray for those who mock you that they may come to understand the deep mystery of the priesthood. Prayers for you!

Well since somebody already used the beatitudes, let me just say that you shouldn't let it bother you. There's a lot of people out there who vehemently hate Catholics.

that is so horrible but like others have already said Blessed are you.... yeah the beatitudes are awesome. I will pray for you theough. :)

Karin

im sorry to hear about wut they said
not to pry
but why dont you think the pastors daugther was not telling the truth when asked if she had sex with her boyfriend ?

Edited by Guest

Isnt it funny how people can pass judgement when they know nothing about the thing which they pass judgement on? It was only a small percentage of the priesthood that were doing these abhorrable deeds to the young.

On the chastity note, I feel your pain. I have only come up against this kind of challenge when I am not with my Catholic friends, which is a rarity. Nevertheless, it is very much an annoyance. Im constantly bombared by pressure to dress and act a certain way. It bothers me, sadens me, makes me angry, that girls who throw themselves at young men get all the attention. I'm waiting for a man that doesn't need that kind of behavior to like me.

Wish me luck on that one...:rolleyes:

KnightoftheRosary

Hey Guys,
Thanks for the encouragement.
-KOTR-

Edited by KnightoftheRosary

i understand your experience..... when people found out that i was entering a religious order to become a priest, some asked me, "do you like little boys?"

just pray to their guardian angel that they will have a change of heart