An Old School Catholic Message Board

Your Crucifix

ironmonk

IcePrincessKRS

I've got to start wearing my crucifix again. I used to wear one every day. I keep my rosary on my bed post, another in my truck, one in my purse, and I have crucifixes in my house. I guess in a way I do always have a crucifix with me. :)

Of course a cross counts. You can kiss the cross with the same devotion we kiss the Crucifix. but the body of our lord is a good reminder on the Crucifix!

I had a priest who told us to stick to wear crosses and crucifixes belong on rosaries - so the image of Christ isn't profaned - so i went and bought a cross and I don't wear my confirmation crucifix anymore.

I wear a cross all the time. I was told once by a person from a strict protestant church that it's offensive to wear one and I was very bothered by that for a while. However I think I'd feel lost if I wasn't wearing it now - I'm very mindful of it.

it makes me sick how secular rappers today wear iced out crosses and then rap about sin. To them a cross is a status symbol, not a symbol of Christ. Also i hate when Brittney Spears and Christina Aguleria wear crosses on their half-naked bodies. They tottally do not represent what the cross does. I could go on...but ima stop

Yeah, from what i've noticed, protestants normally don't wear crucifixes, they wear crosses.

In churches too, we have a crucifix, they have a cross. :D

it makes me sick how secular rappers today wear iced out crosses and then rap about sin.  To them a cross is a status symbol, not a symbol of Christ.  Also i hate when Brittney Spears and Christina Aguleria wear crosses on their half-naked bodies.  They tottally do not represent what the cross does.  I could go on...but ima stop

I completely agree. COMPLETELY. It makes me really mad. It's just so sad.

:angry::angry::angry:

:(

:ph34r:

I have a totally (edited by dUSt for salty language) crucifix that I was given by a very dear friend of mine. Before that, I had this crappy little wooden cross thing that just didn't cut it at all, and then she gave me this amesome crucifix, and I'm completely stoked with it! I'm not sure if it has a name or not, but I'll have a quick search...

Ahh, yes! Here it is. It's the Juiblee Crucifix. This is the best picture I can find:

CROWOOD2.jpg

Although mine is not coloured, it's just bronzy metal. The crucifix is loaded with symbolism! I love it!

At the top you have Jesus standing with his arms open, and a triangle behind his head, symbolising his part in the Trinity. On the left, you have the archangel Gabriel, on the right, Mary, and at the bottom, the Blessed Sacrament, under both species, with light streaming out from it. Behind Jesus' head you have a dove, symbolising the Holy Spirit, and on the cross itself, there is a twining vine, symbolising Jesus as the True Vine. On the reverse of the cross, there are the words "Tertium Millenium" (third millenium) as well as the Alpha and Omega.

I love this crucifix, did I mention that? :)