An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW Reference Section Discussion...

dUSt

franciscanheart

yay. bet phat will be happy to hear that. i cant wait. woot.

*pats phat on the back for a job well done*

franciscanheart

three links and im done with prayer

i made another mistake. i put hedge pray instead of prayer in the protection/renunciation part of prayer

Before I launch it to the public, I'm going to turn off the automatic approval for new links. So, this means that when a user "adds a link", it must be approved by an admin before going live. Obviously, we don't want everyone and their momma adding links.

Also, I'm removing the "login" link. the admin area can still easily be accessed by bookmarking it or just typing in "admin" after the directory URL. ( phatmass.com/.../admin )

phatcatholic

dUSt.....................are we going to have to add keywords to all the links to improve the search feature? the basic search doesn't work w/o them.

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Jul 19 2005, 11:47 AM']dUSt.....................are we going to have to add keywords to all the links to improve the search feature? the basic search doesn't work w/o them.
[right][snapback]649942[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes and no.

If the title of the link contains all the appropriate keywords, then there's no reason to repeat them in the "keywords" field.

I would suggest adding keywords to the titles that are not fully descriptive enough.

I noticed it's not finished yet. I was trying to find an argument on contraception a little while ago. haha

phatcatholic

OMG!!! "sex issues" AND "life issues" isn't done yet!!

someone's about to get it........

Edited by phatcatholic

phatcatholic

ok people, i thought we were done, but we obviously aren't. here is what we have left to do:

Death, Judgment, Afterlife
--Audio downloads

Morality, Ethics, Truth
--Sex-Related Issues
--Life Issues

Faith and Science
--the whole thing

i'll do faith and science. laura and cure, please divide up the rest amongst yourselves. i don't care how you do it, just as long as it gets done.

thanks,
nick

So... since the auto-approve links is turned off, I suppose you'll need to approve all the added links, right?