An Old School Catholic Message Board

NEW Reference Section Discussion...

dUSt

phatcatholic

dUSt.............another thing i noticed. if we rename the first entry to "The Bible" then this title does not accurately portray what the subcategories are about. for instance, the first sub-category is "Logically Impossible." now, it looks like we're saying that "The Bible" is "Logically Impossible" but really this subcategory is about Sola Scriptura.

see what i mean?

phatcatholic

laura..............for those righteousness articles, just submit them w/o that note you were wondering about.

franciscanheart

you got it. ill do it when i get back home which should be about 12:30 my time. (CST)

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:44 AM']People where are you putting Catholic practices such as rosary, novenas etc?
[right][snapback]614328[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
There is a prayer and devotion topic.

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Jun 17 2005, 02:30 AM']dUSt.............another thing i noticed. if we rename the first entry to "The Bible" then this title does not accurately portray what the subcategories are about. for instance, the first sub-category is "Logically Impossible." now, it looks like we're saying that "The Bible" is "Logically Impossible" but really this subcategory is about Sola Scriptura.

see what i mean?
[right][snapback]614260[/snapback][/right][/quote]
Okay, I see what you mean. To me, Sola Scriptura and The Canon are different enough topics to be seperated. I re-arranged so that "The Bible" remains the main category, and "Sola Scriptura" and "The Canon" are sub-categories. All the articles that deal with both at the same time can simply go into the top Bible category, but for the most part I see that the links deal with one or the other--in which case they can be broken down into the sub-categories.

Check it out and move the categories if needed.

[quote]* btw, dUSt, i'm changing this name back to "sacramentalism" b/c that would encompass a section on sacramentals as well as the entries for the seven sacraments, but a title like "sacraments" only encompasses the seven. if you object to this, just let me know[/quote]
I was debating with that, and you're right. But... I think "sacramentalism" may be too big a word for someone who's simply searching for say, baptism.

I changed it to "Sacraments, Sacramentals". This will encompass it all and provide better "keywords" for users using the search feature.

There's a problem.

We can't have repeated links. I see that there is a section for Early Church Fathers, and then additional sections for early church fathers in most of the sub-categories.

This is duplication of information. We need to either have the ECF's in their own section, or keep them in each sub-category, but not both. In a future version of the directory, we'll be able to list the same link in two different sections without having to duplicate it.

I vote that we eliminate the ECF category and leave the ECF sections in all of the sub-categories.

I have an idea of creating a small differentiating icon in front of the ECF, catechism, scripture reference and audio categories. It will create consistency throughout all of the categories.

Check out "The Bible" category.

See the little icons? I think this will be a nice way to create consistency among all the categories.

phat,
I was wrong about naming things like "Audio Downloads [b]on Mary[/b]". It's fine to simply use the same sub-category name throughout all the categories, as it'll sort it out for us.

franciscanheart

I like the icons although my first thought when looking at Early Church Fathers is... Ben Franklin?

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jun 17 2005, 12:37 PM']I like the icons although my first thought when looking at Early Church Fathers is... Ben Franklin?
[right][snapback]614552[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
haha.... yeah

But don't we all think of Ben Franklin when thinking of the Early Church Father's anyway?

franciscanheart

Aw haha i liked ben franklin... i wasnt complaining!! but sure the pope hat is cool too....

franciscanheart

Here's what is going on with my sections....

Done:
--sacred tradition
--peter and the papacy
--communion of saints
--salvation, justification, predestination

Working on:
--death, judgment, afterlife

Still to do:
--morality, ethics, truth (4)
--faith and science