An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why are you catholic

KnightoftheRosary

KnightoftheRosary

If a protestant, unbeleiver, or alien came up and asked why you are Catholic, What would you say.
peace and blessings
-KOTR-

It would depend which it was.

Alien: It is the religion founded by the Creator of all who wants us to be happy for all eternity.

Protestant: Go to hell :lol: ;)

Unbeliever: This would take a while

[quote name='KnightoftheRosary' date='Jun 13 2005, 11:22 PM']If a protestant, unbeleiver, or alien came up and asked why you are Catholic, What would you say.
peace and blessings
-KOTR-
[right][snapback]611079[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Because it is the only way to salvation. There is no salvation outside the Church.

Don John of Austria

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 13 2005, 11:34 PM']Because it is the only way to salvation.  There is no salvation outside the Church.
[right][snapback]611090[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yup!

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jun 13 2005, 09:54 PM']Eucharist baby!! The Eucharist!!
[right][snapback]611112[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Now THAT'S a good one! ;)

This reminds me of a story that a seminarian told me.

He was picking up his bishop from the airport and was driving back to the chancery (sp?) They had stopped to get a bite to eat and afterwards the bishop needed to visit the little cleric's room. As he was in there, a girl came up and started to speak with the seminarian. She found out that he was Catholic and asked this very same question. Well the bishop apparently overheard the seminarian fumble over his answer as he was washing his hands. When he came out, he walked up to the girl (and in a very dignified and profound voice) proclaimed, "because it is the one true faith." He then proceeded to walk to the car and wait for the seminarian.

I will go with that answer.

[quote name='inDEED' date='Jun 13 2005, 09:39 PM']Hot chicks...
[right][snapback]611095[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

amen!

Nice girls...excuse I mean women. ;)

Also, given some of the alternatives, I wouldn't have it any other way. Sometimes, the only thing that keeps me going is being able to go mass, confession, choir, friends, etc. Not to mention it's intellectually satisfying and emotionally engaging and can be very challenging. I only hope to grow stronger in the faith so that I can know and love God more and more.

Thy Geekdom Come

I would have two very long answers...they would begin:

"In the beginning..."

and

"We begin our profession of faith by saying: 'I believe' or 'We believe.' Before expounding the Church's faith, as confessed in the Creed..."

the sacraments. and everything else. the fullness of the faith...pure unadulterated and undiluted Christianity