An Old School Catholic Message Board

Neiman Marcus

franciscanheart

So....?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

franciscanheart

Neimans.... I've got a funny story about this actually

When I was a little kid my granny used to take me shopping at a big store she called 'Neimans'. She always let me walk around the store with her and I was always very patient. Whenever we would get our shoes on to go somewhere I would ask where we were going. She would always tell me Neimans and I would always be very happy to be going to such a place. I loved Neimans.

One day, when I was about five or six, we took one of our usual trips down to Neimans. As we pulled into the parking lot I looked up at the blue and white sign I was so used to seeing and read:

Good... will.

My granny said she knew then we needed to have a talk. :lol: My whole family dies when someone tells that story. ^_^

Anyway.... Neiman Marcus started here in Dallas, The Big D. Since something as big as 'Tom Thumb' was not known by many on phatmass I was wondering who all has heard of and been to a Neiman Marcus. I really like the store and hope to be working for them soon!!

So vote, people, vote!!

Where else could I have bought my Louis Vuitton purse?

Ah... hrmn.

Well, it's a nice store. :) I hate to think how much money I must have spent there...

(Feeling kind of awkward now.)

What department do you want to work in?

Birgitta Noel

ROTFL, we always called it Needless Markups! LOL, I said ok cause I can't really aford stuff there, unless it's on sale!

franciscanheart

[quote name='Birgitta Noel' date='Jun 15 2005, 11:41 PM']ROTFL, we always called it Needless Markups!  LOL, I said ok cause I can't really aford stuff there, unless it's on sale!
[right][snapback]613038[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
We still call it that!! LOL!! I only buy mints and occasionally make-up from there. :P

Yeah, that is a good name.

(I was young and foolish! I don't shop like that anymore... not that I want to insult anyone who happens to like shopping for nice things. :sweat: )

sweetpea316

Haha... yeah, my best friend and I like to go in there and pretend that we have enough money to buy something. ^_^

Seriously, we start wheezing like old ladies when we see the price tags.

franciscanheart

[quote name='philothea' date='Jun 15 2005, 11:38 PM']What department do you want to work in?
[right][snapback]613037[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
actually i would like to work for corporate. :D i have a connection that might be able to hook me up. lets pray he can because i really need it!!

[he's head manager for human resources]

franciscanheart

[quote name='sweetpea316' date='Jun 15 2005, 11:44 PM']Haha... yeah, my best friend and I like to go in there and pretend that we have enough money to buy something.  ^_^

Seriously, we start wheezing like old ladies when we see the price tags.
[right][snapback]613044[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol: its more fun just to walk around and listen to everyone else. some people talk about it like its target and some are like you and i.... wheezy breezies. (so i like to call them.... wheezing as they breeze by the rest of the tags - as not to cause their lungs too much stress)

franciscanheart

[quote name='philothea' date='Jun 15 2005, 11:47 PM']Alrighty then!  Prayers there shall be. :D
[right][snapback]613050[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
oh thank you so much. i really do appreciate it. :blush:

IcePrincessKRS

Been in one, never actually shopped there... I'm far too stingy. :huh: My sister works in a restaraunt in a mall next door to a Neimans and she said that even (most of) the employees at that location are snobs and treat the other mall employees poorly (her comment "PLEASE! You're not any better than any of the rest of us, you work in a STORE!") Of course, I am sure that doesn't hold true for most/all Niemans employees I think its just the area in which she works (really rather uper class $$$ type of area).

Hughey, I will be praying for you and I hope you get that job! :)

homeschoolmom

We don't have one, but I've heard of it, of course. I know it's in the Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc. class...