An Old School Catholic Message Board

Neiman Marcus

franciscanheart

So....?  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

franciscanheart

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jun 16 2005, 02:48 PM']Been in one, never actually shopped there... I'm far too stingy. :huh: My sister works in a restaraunt in a mall next door to a Neimans and she said that even (most of) the employees at that location are snobs and treat the other mall employees poorly (her comment "PLEASE! You're not any better than any of the rest of us, you work in a STORE!") Of course, I am sure that doesn't hold true for most/all Niemans employees I think its just the area in which she works (really rather uper class $$$ type of area).

Hughey, I will be praying for you and I hope you get that job! :)
[right][snapback]613525[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Thanks IcePrincess!! Any job would be good right now so the prayers are definitely appreciated!!

*big hugs and tacos, so very tasty and good for you, for you*

franciscanheart

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 16 2005, 02:50 PM']We don't have one, but I've heard of it, of course. I know it's in the Macy's, Bloomingdales, etc. class...
[right][snapback]613527[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Macys!! Bloomingdales!! You've put me in a shopping (but not really because I can't afford anything) mood!!

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jun 16 2005, 02:53 PM']Macys!! Bloomingdales!! You've put me in a shopping (but not really because I can't afford anything) mood!!
[right][snapback]613534[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Me too!

Back when, I'd have been safe, out here in the middle of nowhere... but now there are websites! Quick, someone hide the credit cards!

:lol:

franciscanheart

someone recommended me for the job for that friend of mine... he asked for me to email him and i did! please keep me in your prayers as i really really [i]really[/i] need this job!

crusader1234

I've been there and bought stuff, but there isn't one in my home town. With that in mind, even if there was, I probably wouldn't shop there much. Now that I work at American Eagle it seems frivolous to spend so much money on clothes that I can't wear to work when I can get nice clothes for 50% off at AE. Believe me though, retail is intense.

franciscanheart

my friend is working at AE now. the discount is awesome but that whole selling one of their credit cards in three weeks or you get fired even though you work on the floor and theyre like impossible to sell thing is kinda scary. :blink:

I went into one once, but then started to get very frightened, eventually running out in a mad panic--went straight to Jack-in-the-Box, ordered something off the 99 cent menu and then hit up the Dollar Store to buy a gallon of Jungle Juice. I felt much better then.

crusader1234

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jun 17 2005, 07:40 AM']my friend is working at AE now. the discount is awesome but that whole selling one of their credit cards in three weeks or you get fired even though you work on the floor and theyre like impossible to sell thing is kinda scary. :blink:
[right][snapback]614290[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I'm surprised that you're friend has any problems selling anything. Maybe I'm just lucky though, ask your friend about conversion, my store always wins the North American conversion contests so I always exceed my 'goal' (aka sales quota). I mean, it is stressful though. The better we do though, the more they expect out of us. Retail is so intense sometimes - especially when you catch people trying to steal. I have fun with that though. The best is when you make them so scared or guitly that they buy the thing they were trying to steal. Especially when they've just grabbed a handful of necklaces. Oh how I love that. Bigger department stores are far less stressful though, so don't worry. And don't buy into stuff other people have said about how all retail people are equal. All malls have a hierarchy and it pays to be in a good position in ways you'll understand when you get a job in a mall. Did you ever consider applying at AE? Its a ridiculously fun place to work.

franciscanheart

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 17 2005, 04:04 PM']I'm surprised that you're friend has any problems selling anything.  Maybe I'm just lucky though, ask your friend about conversion, my store always wins the North American conversion contests so I always exceed my 'goal' (aka sales quota).  I mean, it is stressful though.  The better we do though, the more they expect out of us.  Retail is so intense sometimes - especially when you catch people trying to steal.  I have fun with that though.  The best is when you make them so scared or guitly that they buy the thing they were trying to steal.  Especially when they've just grabbed a handful of necklaces.  Oh how I love that.  Bigger department stores are far less stressful though, so don't worry.  And don't buy into stuff other people have said about how all retail people are equal.  All malls have a hierarchy and it pays to be in a good position in ways you'll understand when you get a job in a mall.  Did you ever consider applying at AE?  Its a ridiculously fun place to work.
[right][snapback]614769[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I have thought about it and actually the manager asked me to come in to do an interview. My mother made me skip the interview so I had to call and apologize. I told him that I would call when I knew I would be able to make it to one of the interviews. The one I would have applied at is about to become the third largest store in the U.S. so that could be fun. I am waiting to see what happens with the Neimans job but if nothing happens then I am definitely applying at American Eagle and also at James Avery. How long have you been working at AE?

crusader1234

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jun 17 2005, 06:30 PM']I have thought about it and actually the manager asked me to come in to do an interview. My mother made me skip the interview so I had to call and apologize. I told him that I would call when I knew I would be able to make it to one of the interviews. The one I would have applied at is about to become the third largest store in the U.S. so that could be fun. I am waiting to see what happens with the Neimans job but if nothing happens then I am definitely applying at American Eagle and also at James Avery. How long have you been working at AE?
[right][snapback]614860[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I've been working at AE for a few months now, almost done the 'three month probationary period' where I could get fired at a moments notice lol. Very exciting. If I were you, I'd go directly through to AE. The sales stategies of larger stores aren't as intensive and the because of this I think that job doesn't look as good on a resume. Although, ask to see your friends Sales Associate handbook. It should give you a good idea about whats ahead. And when they say "Old Friend", don't laugh. Guaranteed you'll use it. Also, the American Eagle Foundation makes $250 donations to places you volunteer at for 20 hours a year (which is like nothing practically, definately worth your time if you support any of the causes). Make sure your friend knows about that program. Everyone I work with at AE is amazingly nice and you'd definately like it there if you're half as lucky with your co-workers as I have been.

franciscanheart

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 17 2005, 06:42 PM']I've been working at AE for a few months now, almost done the 'three month probationary period' where I could get fired at a moments notice lol.  Very exciting.  If I were you, I'd go directly through to AE.  The sales stategies of larger stores aren't as intensive and the because of this I think that job doesn't look as good on a resume.  Although, ask to see your friends Sales Associate handbook.  It should give you a good idea about whats ahead.  And when they say "Old Friend", don't laugh.  Guaranteed you'll use it.  Also, the American Eagle Foundation makes $250 donations to places you volunteer at for 20 hours a year (which is like nothing practically, definately worth your time if you support any of the causes).  Make sure your friend knows about that program.  Everyone I work with at AE is amazingly nice and you'd definately like it there if you're half as lucky with your co-workers as I have been.
[right][snapback]614866[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well you've definitely sold me on the idea if I wasn't sold before. I will definitely apply. Not only do I really like AE clothing (practically all i buy), I like the atmosphere and the benefits! I will have to ask my friend if she knows about that volunteer program. The three month probationary period and the credit card issue is a bit intimidating but I don't think I should have too much trouble selling things. Wow, I'm excited about this now. Thanks a lot! Hey if I mention your name do you think they'd hire me here in Texas? :lol:

Thanks! I hope some job comes through for me and I guess now I can say I will be equally happy with Neiman Marcus or American Eagle.

crusader1234

[quote name='hugheyforlife' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:05 PM']Well you've definitely sold me on the idea if I wasn't sold before. I will definitely apply. Not only do I really like AE clothing (practically all i buy), I like the atmosphere and the benefits! I will have to ask my friend if she knows about that volunteer program. The three month probationary period and the credit card issue is a bit intimidating but I don't think I should have too much trouble selling things. Wow, I'm excited about this now. Thanks a lot! Hey if I mention your name do you think they'd hire me here in Texas? :lol:

Thanks! I hope some job comes through for me and I guess now I can say I will be equally happy with Neiman Marcus or American Eagle.
[/quote]

If you're going in for a group interview, let me know and I'll tell you what to say LOL.