An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Job from Hell?

Kilroy the Ninja

Kilroy the Ninja

I can't imagine ever working for Wally World....

[url="http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/nat_world/061505_APnat_walmart.html"]Story Here[/url]

Brother Adam

This is nothing. Wal-Mart has already gone much, much lower. In a former retail job we had a series of classes where we were trained in what Wal-Mart does. They are by far one of the most corrupt companies on earth.

God Conquers

Walmart is the devil.

Two stores in Quebec formed worker's unions (as workers are wont to do in Quebec) and suddenly the stores were closed because their "sales were going down".

Fidei Defensor

Argh why do they have to have such cheap prices [i]and[/i] be evil? Thats the only place i can by from because of limitations on my part (money & method of purchasing)

Brother Adam

Prices go down because quality of life goes down. Fewer people can afford basic necessities, the elite get richer, more people suffer, companies go out of business and lay more people off because they can't afford to sell as cheap as Wal-mart demands, hours and wages are extremely low as an employee, they make regular use of illegal workers because it is cheaper to pay the fines than hire Americans, they have no sense of family value, they are the most sued company in the world, they are anti-life..... oh yes, the list goes on.

Kilroy the Ninja

You know, I'm not really against Wal-mart. I know there are lots of reasons to be so, but I think in many towns, Wal-mart has made a positive difference.

But reading stories like that make me think again. And, assuming it's true, (they did quote managers), it's a very sad comment on the state of what is acceptable now in America.

There are people who would be willing to work under those conditions and I believe that's wrong.

Probably why I'll never work retail or food service again.

And, God willing, I'll never have to work (outside of a school) again.

You have to ask yourself what is the real cost?

Wal-Mart is a horrible company.......Its a shame that what Sam Walton has started has become something so stupid

im not a total anti walmart fanatic but i do think that this is not a good policy for them to ahve

I also think some of the stuff they do, policys they ahve etc etc- are not good and they are becoming a monopoly

i dont think walmart needs to go- i think some changes need to be made

Brother Adam

Wal-mart needs to go. I know too much though, some of which I had to sign non-disclosure agreements to learn.

voiciblanche

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Jun 16 2005, 03:25 PM']Nurses have to do the same thing.
[right][snapback]613610[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

What kind of nurses do you mean? 'Cause my mum works nights in the ICU at a few different hospitals, and she isn't obliged to be available for every shift there is. There is a certain amount of shifts she's obliged to work each week, but she doesn't have to be available for all of them. And, of course, there's a certain number of holidays she has to work each year, etc, but still.