An Old School Catholic Message Board

World Council of Churches

Snowcatpa

[quote name='Eremite' date='Jun 17 2005, 07:46 PM']We do? The Church is one, holy, Catholic, and apostolic. It's not too difficult.
[right][snapback]614974[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Eremite,

I am not saying that we use different ecclesiological terminology.

:D

Guest Eremite

I'll let the theologians wrangle amongst themselves. Just because Ratzinger and Kaspar have a disagreement doesn't mean either of them are doctrinally askew. Doctrine and Theology are distinct fields.

[quote name='Eremite' date='Jun 17 2005, 07:49 PM']I'll let the theologians wrangle amongst themselves. Just because Ratzinger and Kaspar has a disagreement doesn't mean either of them are doctrinally askew. Doctrine and Theology are distinct fields.
[right][snapback]614978[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Rather than respond with rhetorically, why not inform yourself of the issues before making a jugment.

Blessings to you,
Todd

Guest Eremite

I'm well aware of the issues. Ratzinger and Kaspar's squabble has nothing to do with the WCC.

The Church joining a practical organization has no effect whatsoever on her ontological construct. There may be a million reasons why she wouldn't join such an organization. But one of them is not her ecclesiology. The WCC does not claim to be an ecclesiological communion of Churches. It is simply a practical organization of ecumenical partners. Whether the Church has 1 ecumenical partner 300 times, or 300 ecumenical partners at 1 time, she is doing the same thing. The practical organization is just different.

But we can rehash this all night if we really tried. :D

Cardinal Kasper in his book "Jesus the Christ," denied that the nature miracles really happened (e.g., Christ's walking on water, the multiplication of the loaves and fishes, etc.). The reason he denied these kinds of miracles was based on a view of God and the world, where God can only work through secondary causes, and thus He cannot act in the world directly.

[quote name='Eremite' date='Jun 17 2005, 07:55 PM']I'm well aware of the issues. Ratzinger and Kaspar's squabble has nothing to do with the WCC.

The Church joining a practical organization has no effect whatsoever on her ontological construct. There may be a million reasons why she wouldn't join such an organization. But one of them is not her ecclesiology. The WCC does not claim to be an ecclesiological communion of Churches. It is simply a practical organization of ecumenical partners. Whether the Church has 1 ecumenical partner 300 times, or 300 ecumenical partners at 1 time, she is doing the same thing. The practical organization is just different.

But we can rehash this all night if we really tried.  :D
[right][snapback]614980[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
As I said before, we have a fundamentally different view of the nature of the Church.

[color=purple]Wow... thanks everyone for so quickly and thoroughly answering my question! The forum was great also to show me how the debate about such a council must play out so complexly and heatedly, especially within the Catholic Church herself.

Thanks and God Bless :)[/color]

popestpiusx

To answer the question posed by the thread title:
Because they are a bunch of left wing syncretic nut jobs.