An Old School Catholic Message Board

list the abuses

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

Practice your liturgical knowledge, using the GIRM and appropriate documents. :)

[url="http://www.lovingit.co.uk/node/52"]http://www.lovingit.co.uk/node/52[/url]

I'm thinking about providing downloadable "handouts" on phatmass--one for each common liturgical abuse.

This is how it would work:

1. Recognize the liturgical abuse at mass
2. Go to phatmass, download the appropriate handout
3. At the next mass, simply give the handout to the priest/choir director/deacon/EMC, etc.

The handouts would be very friendly. Something like, "Just a friendly reminder: Did you know that playing music during the Eucharistic prayer is strictly forbidden by the church? (site sources here)".

What do y'all think of this idea?

1337 k4th0l1x0r

I probably wouldn't have even gone up for communion in the first place. Is it sinful to refuse communion because you have good reason to believe the consecration was invalid?

Q the Ninja

[quote name='dUSt' date='Jun 17 2005, 10:15 AM']I'm thinking about providing downloadable "handouts" on phatmass--one for each common liturgical abuse.

3. At the next mass, simply give the handout to the priest/choir director/deacon/EMC, etc.

The handouts would be very friendly. Something like, "Just a friendly reminder: Did you know that playing music during the Eucharistic prayer is strictly forbidden by the church? (site sources here)".

[right][snapback]614369[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I just went up to my Priest's son and mentioned that one. ;)

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='dUSt' date='Jun 17 2005, 11:15 AM']I'm thinking about providing downloadable "handouts" on phatmass--one for each common liturgical abuse.

[/quote]
My Pastors would both probably have me committed.

I've tried friendly reminders, I've tried not-so-friendly reminders, and I've even tried writing the Bishop.

Doesn't always work. My parish is at the mercy of God (I hope it gets struck by lightning in the middle of the associate pastor's innovative "Eucharistic prayer"....)

I was at a Mass one time on vacation and was sitting pretty close the front. When it came time for the Eucharistic prayer I saw the celebrant close the Roman Missal and push it away...I simply thought, "here we go. Lord have mercy." It was not pretty.

I suppose there are times when it won't work, but I honestly believe that most abuses are because of lack of knowledge. The guilty parties don't [b]know[/b] that they are being disobedient. It is these abuses I hope to cut down.

The people who purposely violate church teaching is a whole other matter....

[quote name='dUSt' date='Jun 17 2005, 10:15 AM']I'm thinking about providing downloadable "handouts" on phatmass--one for each common liturgical abuse.

[/quote]
I think this is a great idea.

I think that the church has been infiltrated by a secret organization whos purpose is to drive a way the true faithful and to make everyone else live in sin.

Ridiculous comment?

[quote name='Margarite' date='Jun 17 2005, 10:45 AM']I think that the church has been infiltrated by a secret organization whos purpose is to drive a way the true faithful and to make everyone else live in sin.

Ridiculous comment?
[right][snapback]614407[/snapback][/right][/quote]

If by "secret organization" you mean MTV then I think you're right.

[/quote]

V. fabulous idea. Would make reporting much more efficient. Please keep me updated.

Much love - Avalia

I appologize for the above comment, I'm surprised I actually pushed the post reply button. :sweat:

My crazy conspiracy theories have no place here, please forgive me. I no way I ment to say the the church is making this happen, I was talking about individuals.

I need some coffee!