An Old School Catholic Message Board

I need help thinking of a great baby name!

AndreaMercer

For first names, I recommend something that is either
1) easy to spell
or
2) shortens to something easy to spell

So I suggest: Faustina (hey, why not), Abigail (shortens to Abbey), Elizabeth (this one's great for nicknames), Ruth, Naomi, Judith, Mary (pick the language that matches the middle name), Rose, Hope, Faith...

I like Abigail Perpetua. Abigail means: with joy. And the names are too matchy-matchy like say... Faith Perpetua.

Is Perpetua a Saint name? I didn't have a saint name... unless you count my middle name as a femine version of John.

franciscanheart

[quote name='sweetpea316' date='Jun 17 2005, 02:06 PM']Oooh... I like Kathrena Perpetua  :wub:
[right][snapback]614673[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
ditto.

homeschoolmom

One of my best friends from college is about to name their baby Miriam... :)

Personally, I like Rosemary.

AndreaMercer

Wow! Thanks guys! There are some really beautiful ideas! I have 4 sisters, and a couple of the names suggested are their names, I have a sister Catherine, so I can't go with the Kathrena even though that is SO beautiful!

So far my favorites are:

Abigail Perpetua
Maria Perpetua
Gabriella Perpetua

I actually like the name Miriam, but that was the name of my high school french teacher and she was scary...so...I think the name would haunt me. hahaha

I also like Annamaria, but that's really close to my name. I also love Rose and Elizabeth...but those are the middle names of two of my sisters!!!

Sarah_JC, Perpetua is a saint name. She was a roman myrtar, along with her dear friend Felicity, who my other little girl is named after. We just wanted to make sure that if we have a girl that we have both a Felicity and a Perpetua, and Perpetua is a little over the top for a first name!

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 18 2005, 12:24 PM']One of my best friends from college is about to name their baby Miriam... :)

Personally, I like Rosemary.
[right][snapback]615196[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

^_^

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 18 2005, 05:06 PM']Jennie
Catherine
Louise
Colette
What?! :huh:
:unsure:
Got a lot of things on my mind... :mellow:
[right][snapback]615566[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

No. I think you have one person on your mind...

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

anne marie
mary catherine
mary margaret
maria margaret
magaret mary marie

the goal to be to use Mary a whole whole lot....

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='AndreaMercer' date='Jun 18 2005, 03:01 PM']Wow!  Thanks guys!  There are some really beautiful ideas!  I have 4 sisters, and a couple of the names suggested are their names, I have a sister Catherine, so I can't go with the Kathrena even though that is SO beautiful!

So far my favorites are:

Abigail Perpetua
Maria Perpetua
Gabriella Perpetua

I actually like the name Miriam, but that was the name of my high school french teacher and she was scary...so...I think the name would haunt me.  hahaha

I also like Annamaria, but that's really close to my name.  I also love Rose and Elizabeth...but those are the middle names of two of my sisters!!!

Sarah_JC, Perpetua is a saint name.  She was a roman myrtar, along with her dear friend Felicity, who my other little girl is named after.  We just wanted to make sure that if we have a girl that we have both a Felicity and a Perpetua, and Perpetua is a little over the top for a first name!
[right][snapback]615443[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Haha I hear you on "limited" name choices!!! I come from a family of 12 kids (6 boys 6 girls) and my husband comes from a family of 11. There's enough duplicates as it is without us adding to it. So far my parents only have 4 grandbabies, but there are 20 on Matt's side with 3 more on the way (I'm dead serious)! I don't mind duplicating or using middle names, but its the first names that are tough. I've had people ask why I don't use "more normal" names for my kids (Adrienne and Genevieve) and I usually reply with "Because Mary, Maria, Katherine, Sara, Jessica, Grace, Therese, Elizabeth, John, Michael, Matthew, etc. are already TAKEN!" Can you believe that we have TWO Elijahs (one on either side of the family, BOTH with the middle name John, luckily one has Thomas stuck in there, too)?

One of my little sisters is named Felicity Perpetua (so I definately approve of the use of those 2 names hehe).

[quote name='AndreaMercer' date='Jun 18 2005, 04:01 PM']I actually like the name Miriam, but that was the name of my high school french teacher and she was scary...so...I think the name would haunt me.  hahaha[right][snapback]615443[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:sadder: I seem to haunt everyone so that's ok. :mellow:

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 18 2005, 08:26 PM']No. I think you have one person on your mind...
[right][snapback]615659[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't know what you're talking about. :unsure: