An Old School Catholic Message Board

Even the lonely Protestant has female issues

mulls

desertwoman

Do the trip with the flowers. Now that means that you are dead serious about having a relationship with her.

I know, as being a female, that I don't want to lose out on a great friendship. But, if she feels the same way about you, then she will realize that she is not only maintaing a great friendship with you, but she will have even more.

If you can get her to see that and realize this, if she hasn't already, then you are good to go. God be with you suga.

thessalonian

Hey man, let me tell you, my wife and I are very different. She's city, I'm country. She hates camping, I love it. We like different types of music (though there is overlap). I'm more serious than her. Different has it's advantages. Sounds like you have a healthy attitude about her and a true love for what is best for her. I have heard of many situations like this and it may not work out but if you truly love her, the worst thing would be having not tried. Flowers are the best. My wife (when before we got married) and I broke up for several months. A dozen roses got me back in her life.

Blessings

homeschoolmom

The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

Well there's an update already.

I made the decision to make the 5 hour trip next friday and arrive at the coffeeshop were she works at 1pm, right when she gets off. She'd be all surprised, I'd say let's go sit down and talk and then we would sit down and talk and I would say things and tell her stuff and she would respond as such and things would take place.

But now....I just got a call from a friend from Illinois who is going be visiting her sister that is on the same missions project this week. This is a very good friend who I rarely get to see and I definately want to see her (don't worry, she's engaged, it's not a sticky situation like that), but she and her parents are leaving Thursday night.

So now I'm going to bump up my plan, and go down on Wednesday, which is a day off for my lady in question. I did want this to be covert, so all my other friends down there didn't start gossping and talking about stuff (that's why I wanted the deal to go down at the coffeeshop and not near the living spaces). But with my friend visiting, that is the perfect excuse to make myself seen!

I can just be like "Hey, I'm coming down there on Wednesday to see my friend who is visiting, and we definately need to hang out as well." At which point she will be happy about that, and when we hang out I will proceed to do the thing and say the stuff and talk about the things which are due to be mentioned, and the like.

Whatcha think? Interesting turn of events huh? Life is fun.

thessalonian

Okay folks let's all commit ourselves to praying for this worthy cause in the next few days. We know from the Princes Bride that "true love" is a worthy cause. Of course he didn't say true love he said "to blathe" which of course means to bluff, and so he was probably in a poker game and was caught cheating. He was only mostly dead rather than completely dead as you recall.

Sorry to get caught on a tangent.
One of my favorite movies. Perhaps I'll watch it tonight.

let_go_let_God

I admire that you are going to make the five hour drive to see her. My boyfriend and I are in the same boat. He lives four hours away from me, and we haven't been able to stay in the closest of contact (minus the 2-3 hour occasional phone calls) for about a month. Frankly it's driven the two of us nuts. However, he's made the commitment to drive the four hours to my house to spend the weekend together next weekend.

Speaking from the female POV she will find it wonderful that you are making such a commitment just to see her, and the flowers won't hurt.

God bless-
LGLG

let_go_let_God

*Chuckles* I can't think of the first name of the poet but I know it is a piece from Frost. I wan't to say another name, but thats one of my buddies who is a YM.

God bless-
LGLG

Better solution:

You convert and become a priest and then convince her to convert and become a cloistered nun.

There. Problem solved.