An Old School Catholic Message Board

Even the lonely Protestant has female issues

mulls

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 17 2005, 08:32 PM']Risk vs. Reward?  Cost-benefit analysis is not the way to deal with love...total submission is. ;)
[right][snapback]614906[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

ok that is the greatest line I have ever heard....

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Jun 18 2005, 01:42 PM']*Chuckles* I can't think of the first name of the poet but I know it is a piece from Frost. I wan't to say another name, but thats one of my buddies who is a YM.

God bless-
LGLG
[right][snapback]615413[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Wow

Robert Frost is working as a youth minister???

[quote name='mulls' date='Jun 18 2005, 11:55 AM']Well there's an update already.

I made the decision to make the 5 hour trip next friday and arrive at the coffeeshop were she works at 1pm, right when she gets off. She'd be all surprised, I'd say let's go sit down and talk and then we would sit down and talk and I would say things and tell her stuff and she would respond as such and things would take place.

But now....I just got a call from a friend from Illinois who is going be visiting her sister that is on the same missions project this week. This is a very good friend who I rarely get to see and I definately want to see her (don't worry, she's engaged, it's not a sticky situation like that), but she and her parents are leaving Thursday night.

So now I'm going to bump up my plan, and go down on Wednesday, which is a day off for my lady in question. I did want this to be covert, so all my other friends down there didn't start gossping and talking about stuff (that's why I wanted the deal to go down at the coffeeshop and not near the living spaces). But with my friend visiting, that is the perfect excuse to make myself seen!

I can just be like "Hey, I'm coming down there on Wednesday to see my friend who is visiting, and we definately need to hang out as well." At which point she will be happy about that, and when we hang out I will proceed to do the thing and say the stuff and talk about the things which are due to be mentioned, and the like.

Whatcha think? Interesting turn of events huh? Life is fun.
[right][snapback]615271[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

God will find a way....

pray to the little flower about it.

oh wait, you guys don't do that? sorry :P plum slipped my mind

dUSt's suggestion works!

[quote name='hot stuff' date='Jun 18 2005, 08:40 AM']And large bricks of processed coagulated milk!!

coagulated milk makes everything better
[right][snapback]615157[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

<hijack>
I thought that was true only in Wisconsin . . .
</hijack>

cmotherofpirl

Remember the flowers, but don't make them roses, that is too serious to start out with. :flowers:

[quote]hmm.... marrying my best friend of 8 years in august.... risk vs. rewards???? [/quote]

that's my point. you took the risk and gained the reward.

but from now on let's just pretend i never said that phrase to begin with <_<

[quote]Better solution:

You convert and become a priest and then convince her to convert and become a cloistered nun.

There. Problem solved.[/quote]

yea right, then she'd come see me for confession and I'd get myself into all sorts of trouble. what's the fastest somebody has ever been excommunicated after converting? :rolling:

and as far as the flowers go, i think i'm gonna hold off with those. i think that would be too much right upfront too soon. it'll probly be an overwhelming situation as it is, i don't wanna freak her out while i'm at it.

but you have until Wednesday to convince me otherwise. :D

God Conquers

Make sure you don't shower for 8 days beforehand so you can overpower her with your stenc- er I mean attract her with all your manly pheremones.

lol pheremones!!!

We learned about that in Physiology! I love that stuff!!!!!

Anyway. Good Luck to you! Make sure you open doors and stuff like that which is gentlemanly....when my boyfriend did that it really made me feel special even before we were dating.

Meg
Edit: Misspelling ;)

[quote name='mulls' date='Jun 19 2005, 12:11 PM']I'm not gonna make it to Wednesday...

:shootme:  :shootme:  :shootme:
[right][snapback]616091[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You'll be fine. Prayers for you! Just be honest with her.

Don't worry, I'll pray to the LittleFlower for you.