An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dominican nuns

benedictaj

Heya people,

At the moment I am really looking at contemplative life and recently, the Dominican nuns are really starting to appeal. Even though I live in NZ, I am looking at monasteries in different countries (including the US.) I was wondering if anyone had any personal info about different communities. I am particularly interested in these nuns:
www.op.org/nunsopsummit and we are emailing at the moment. I am also interested in the SMME's (of course!) I'm mostly interested in them for their approach to everything, including study. Although I also feel called to the Poor Clares...

Ah well. Thanks...

ThyHolyLove

I've heard the Summit Dominicans are a great group! I would also recommend the Dominicans in Lockport, Louisiana. One of the girls from phatmass, Marjorie just entered with them. They only have three sisters and are looking for some more young women!

You can email Sr. Mary Imelda for more info Ldominican@aol.com

Good Luck!

Oh wow. Thank you, I read all about Marjories entrance...they sound really interesting. I've just emailed Sister now.
...?

Thank you soooooooooo much I've just spent the last 4 hours IMing Sister Mary Imelda. I'm seriously overwhelmed by how well we fit together!!!!!!!!!

I am going to visit the Lockport Dominicans in August. tee hee they are definately a wonderful group. I know dont you just love Sister Mary Imelda? The Monastery of The Sacred Heart is where I want to enter. Also if you dont feel called there here is another very good Dominican Monastery : [url="http://www.opsouth.org/opnunslufkin/"]http://www.opsouth.org/opnunslufkin/[/url] . Well prayers for your discernment. it would be very cool though if we went to the same one in Lockport ;)

[quote name='memtherose' date='Jun 18 2005, 05:24 AM']Thank you soooooooooo much I've just spent the last 4 hours IMing Sister Mary Imelda. I'm seriously overwhelmed by how well we fit together!!!!!!!!!
[right][snapback]615131[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

FOUR HOUR in the middle of the night! In a cloistered monastery? I really don't know what to make of that!

It's nice that you clicked, though.

For me, we started talking just before 7pm and continued for 4 hours! But for Sister Mary Imelda, we started talking really early in the "morning"!!!!!!!!

i know she told me tee hee. she is such an awesome Novice Mistress. She gives up her time and her sleep and loves all the "charges" so much. Even the ones who are just considering and not even with her yet.

God Bless and Mary keep

I know! Its amazing that they are dedicated enough to do it! It is so cool! and really helpful too as you get to have a lot of your questions answered when ever you want!

That's so awesome things are "clicking" so well with the Lockport Dominicans... if you ever want to "talk SMME," I'm here ;) By the way, I'm Carly and I'm entering the SMME's in August :-D