An Old School Catholic Message Board

holy Water font?

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

do you have a holy water font in the home?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i tink my mom's house has one of those crucifix with holy water font built in it. i'm not even sure anymore. i haen't been home for 7 months

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='immaculata' date='Jun 18 2005, 11:38 PM']me too, but usually i forget to keep it filled up. the water evaporates, then we have holy air.  :P
[right][snapback]615810[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Me, too. Mine is of St. Therese. :)

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 19 2005, 11:54 AM']Hey, if you need Holy Water, I can make you some ;)

God Bless
[right][snapback]615984[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That must be SOOOOO COOOOOL to be able to say that! :D

I have a holy water font. the water evaperates so quickly espcially since my fan is on 24/7. So i figure as so one else mentioned above holy air

[quote name='karin' date='Jun 19 2005, 11:52 AM']I have a holy water font. the water evaperates so quickly espcially since my fan is on 24/7. So i figure as so one else mentioned above holy air
[right][snapback]616004[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

If you keep a sponge in the font the water lasts longer.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jun 19 2005, 01:46 PM']That must be SOOOOO COOOOOL to be able to say that! :D
[right][snapback]615999[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

More than you could possibly imagine :)

God Bless

[quote name='dUSt' date='Jun 20 2005, 11:16 AM']I just had my hot water heater blessed so I have an unlimited supply of holy water from any faucet.
[right][snapback]616779[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:rolling: silly

Kilroy the Ninja

[quote name='curtins' date='Jun 20 2005, 09:55 AM']i went to assisi
[right][snapback]616745[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

sorry about the spelling on that. I had just woken up.

A friend went about six years ago and brought it back for me.

Theologian in Training

Just made some Holy Water...I needed some and my mom wanted some. However, I have found that there are no specific prayers for holy water in the Book of Blessings and the one in the Sacramentary is not the best, in my opinion. So, needless to say, I am glad, that as an ordination gift, a very traditional seminarian found me a Collectio. It is so cool to "exorcise" salt and water and then to mix the two elements while making the sign of the cross.

I wonder how much cooler it would be if I could say it in Latin ;)

Just thought I would share.

God Bless

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 21 2005, 10:06 PM']Just made some Holy Water...I needed some and my mom wanted some. However, I have found that there are no specific prayers for holy water in the Book of Blessings and the one in the Sacramentary is not the best, in my opinion. So, needless to say, I am glad, that as an ordination gift, a very traditional seminarian found me a Collectio. It is so cool to "exorcise" salt and water and then to mix the two elements while making the sign of the cross.

I wonder how much cooler it would be if I could say it in Latin ;)

Just thought I would share.

God Bless
[right][snapback]618721[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Raphael and I can teach you Latin.....it ain't hard.

Incidentally, get your cassock yet?