An Old School Catholic Message Board

holy Water font?

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

do you have a holy water font in the home?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

franciscanheart

our family doesnt have one, though i often wish we did. our home is not blessed either. -_-

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Cam42' date='Jun 22 2005, 12:08 AM']Raphael and I can teach you Latin.....it ain't hard.
Incidentally, get your cassock yet?
[right][snapback]618724[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I think, as it stands right now, I would wind up learning latin before actually getting a cassock. It is not that I don't like them, and have not worn them before, it is just that in this diocese and the surrounding dioceses, the only person who wears a cassock is the MC, and that is when he is MC'ing a liturgical function.

Besides, though we have a new and very orthodox bishop, the diocese itself is still far from the right, though not as left of center as it used to be.

Would definitely take you up on those Latin lessons, however.

God Bless

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 22 2005, 06:29 AM']I think, as it stands right now, I would wind up learning latin before actually getting a cassock. It is not that I don't like them, and have not worn them before, it is just that in this diocese and the surrounding dioceses, the only person who wears a cassock is the MC, and that is when he is MC'ing a liturgical function.

Besides, though we have a new and very orthodox bishop, the diocese itself is still far from the right, though not as left of center as it used to be.

God Bless
[right][snapback]618861[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:o No Cassocks?!?!?! But men look so good in cassocks. (not trying to hit on anyone who happens to wear a cassock)

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 22 2005, 07:29 AM']I think, as it stands right now, I would wind up learning latin before actually getting a cassock. It is not that I don't like them, and have not worn them before, it is just that in this diocese and the surrounding dioceses, the only person who wears a cassock is the MC, and that is when he is MC'ing a liturgical function.

God Bless
[right][snapback]618861[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:lol: start a new trend!

...or go to Rome where lots of religious wear cassocks or check out the Josephinum, most the seminarians there wear cassocks. :)

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jun 22 2005, 01:08 PM']:lol:  start a new trend!

...or go to Rome where lots of religious wear cassocks or check out the Josephinum, most the seminarians there wear cassocks. :)
[right][snapback]619043[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I am still new to the diocese. The switch was one of the smoothest I have ever seen. I don't want to start wearing a cassock this early. There are much bigger and more important battles that need to be fought without putting my wearing a cassock in the middle of it. Unfortunately, it "marks" you and then you are noticed immediately by all in the diocese as the really traditional one you have to watch out for.

I need to still get acclimated to the diocese before starting new trends, especially one that, unfortunately, is symbolic of traditionalism. Something not well recieved by some in this diocese.

As to the Josephinium, I have one more year in seminary. I can go one year without a cassock.

God Bless