An Old School Catholic Message Board

Fathers Phat 5

MC Just

[quote name='Fides_et_Ratio' date='Jun 20 2005, 12:21 PM']Fr. Pontifex rocks.

what happened to the links on the side? --->
[right][snapback]616902[/snapback][/right][/quote]
I'm fixing it so that when I update the homepage it will also update here in the phorum automatically. I don't like updating both places. I'll get it working tonight.

WOW!!!!!!!

These keep getting better and better!!!!

That was just what I needed to hear today....really hits home.

Thanks Fr. Pontifex!

[quote]random question: where did "Pontifex" come from?[/quote]

The name or me?

The Name: Pontifex is a word that means "bridge builder". An author and friend of mine used this term in one of his books on the priesthood.

Me: Straight out the corn fields of Indiana. haha. Actually I am from the city, a true city boy.

Thank you for the feedback. Please feel free to give me your opinion on the phat phive.

Peace.

Pontifex

Fides_et_Ratio

[quote name='Pontifex' date='Jun 21 2005, 12:26 AM']The name or me?

The Name:  Pontifex  is a word that means "bridge builder".  An author and friend of mine used this term in one of his books on the priesthood. 

Me:  Straight out the corn fields of Indiana.  haha.  Actually I am from the city, a true city boy. 

Thank you for the feedback.  Please feel free to give me your opinion on the phat phive.

Peace.

Pontifex
[right][snapback]617649[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
the name... my grammar is better than that! lol :lol: , thanks for the response, Father.

The Phat 5 are GREAT! :)

franciscanheart

i was kinda thinking the same thing.... or just a permanent thread or something. every week we have a new phat 5 thread and while i really enjoy every one of them i always get confused as to which phat 5 people are talking about.

sweetpea316

Wow...I just listened to all three of them, and man, they are awesome. I especially loved 'The Call' from last week... when he described how he was falling in love with the priesthood and just couldn't get it out of his head when he was trying to figure things out... I totally cried. The way he said it just perfectly described how I'm feeling right now about the Church and the direction I'm going in.

I love this new feature and I can't wait to hear more! Thanks again for adding it and God bless.