An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rain Rain Don't go away

picchick

mmmk. Well I guess that no one knows about this new law. The comment was that we are the last ones to know about it then.

Unless it is the watering law which very well be the case. I took a ride with the boss and it is absolutely horrible outside. It looks like a desert.

allis-challmers

I hope it rains here too. my garden is in need of rain right now and I am really hopeing that my tommatoes do well.

It's in the mid 90s outside now. Crazy husband is nailing shingles out in the sun. :wacko: The grass is drying up. In the farm fields, the leaves of the corn plants are all curled up.

Even my basement stopped leaking! It's THAT dry! (I think we built it on a natural spring...)

shelly_freak

Meg I hear ya. I just got back from summer camp (that's where my avatar is from, dope eh?) and the grass was sooooo dry. It's supposed to get into the 100s later this week. I'm telling ya if it's not one extreme it's another, that's Illinois for ya!

[quote name='philothea' date='Jun 23 2005, 05:17 PM']Even my basement stopped leaking!  It's THAT dry!  (I think we built it on a natural spring...)
[right][snapback]620948[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

:D

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 22 2005, 07:20 PM']Aurora was mentioned in the news the other day... something to do with a law or something.  do you know what I am talking about?
[right][snapback]619875[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

LOL! Yes Aurora was in the news. Some alderwomen went to 200 or so people that still had Christmas stuff up with letters of complaint and required all the outside items be removed in 14 or somethin days. I heard it on NPR, but it was supposedly in a ton of the news papers, kind of one of those "Wow, we thought we were messed up" things.

We need rain in Bryon so bad. I work at the golf course and was out on the range the other day. The parts without shade and no water coverage look and feel like they have been burnt by a fire. It was weird. I have lived here for the past 10 or so years and lived near here before that, I have never seen such a water shortage. I am seeing sandbars that shouldn't be seen in the Rock River. It won't be long till that part is dry, the zone around the islands, if this stays up.

PRAY FOR RAIN!

Dreamweaver

Oh, poor corn plants all shriveled up. I live in a huge agricultural part of the US, and we've just had tons and tons of rain the past two weeks. Now that its the week of the fair, its 90+ all day (usually it pours during fair week). I hope our rain moves your way!

I'll also pray for the sick and elderly, that they don't get ill from heat exhausion and humidity.

Ok so our family's three cars are washed. And you know what? lol. It rains BETWEEN Aurora and Chicago....<_<

So we are still high and dry.

Meg