An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rain Rain Don't go away

picchick

Hey all.

I have a summer job gardening for the Park District near me. For the past month we have had NO rain. We need it badly. One of the pool guys had to repair a pump. He dug 5 feet down and didn't reach any wet dirt. That was one month ago. The plants need water horribly. We are on the verge of a drought. We already have a water restriction. :( So if you all could say some prayers for rain I'd appreciate it. Oh, and by now we need a slow steady rain. Hate to be picky but if it pours buckets for a few days then it will flood.

Oh and I ask all the people on Phatmass to wash their cars.

Meg

[quote name='picchick' date='Jun 22 2005, 04:27 PM']Oh and I ask all the people on Phatmass to wash their cars.
[right][snapback]619646[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Doesn't washing our cars use more water?

*Prayers*

Edited by iggy

Hey, we just ripped the roof off. I don't know what more I can do to make it rain!

(It's never failed in the past...)

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 22 2005, 04:57 PM']Doesn't washing our cars use more water?

*Prayers*
[right][snapback]619675[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

yeah washing your cars will use more water but it causes it to rain. It almost ALWAYS rains after people wash their car.

It is funny thought because two weeks ago the whole US was forcasted to have rain. Chicago had rain. Surrounding areas had some rain. We had NONE. Not counting sprinkles.

So I guess unless you live in Aurora, the rain as a result of washing your cars will be in your town <_<

Hmmm....Wash your cars anyway.

[quote name='philothea' date='Jun 22 2005, 05:00 PM']Hey, we just ripped the roof off.  I don't know what more I can do to make it rain!

(It's never failed in the past...)
[right][snapback]619676[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

YAY!

Hopefully that will do it :P

Aurora was mentioned in the news the other day... something to do with a law or something. do you know what I am talking about?

try praying for the intercesion of these saints:

Agricola of Avignon
Heribert of Cologne
Honoratus of Arles
Isidore the Farmer
Julian of Cuenca
Medard
Odo of Cluny
Solange
Theodore of Sykeon

I dont have a car to wash of my own but I saw a guy washing his car.. does it help if the car washing is done in Ohio?

I hope so.

Maybe if we imagine him washing his car in Aurora....

Iggy, no I haven't heard but I will find out for you. Was it Aurora, Il or Aurora, CO?

Meg

I will definitely send some prayers your way!

btw, I've been to Aurora before - I just spent the last year living near Orland Park, IL. I think we went to a Catholic high school there for something..... :)