An Old School Catholic Message Board

Be Prepared!

Aloysius

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 23 2005, 12:15 AM']Excellent! :D

Now here's the bad news...we need prayers...I have it on good authority that Conception Abbey (i.e. not so orthodox) is being asked to supply hymns for the new translation of the Liturgy of the Hours...let's pray that they avoid the compositions of certain monks whom I will not name here, for the sake of avoiding gossip.
[right][snapback]620214[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

so if we have the 4 hours books, we are going to have to buy new ones soon?

what i am curious about are the other Eucharistic Prayers. How is their translation changing for the better????

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 23 2005, 08:16 AM']if it is a max 5 years, it will show up in 2006, as you had previously mentioned, Aloysius
[right][snapback]620443[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That would be my understanding as well, although the [i]recognitio[/i] of the Apostolic See and then the printing of the books could delay things a bit. But it is quite possible that the new translation of the Roman Missal will be out sometime in 2006, barring any unforeseen problems.

photosynthesis

I always wondered why we said "And also with you" instead of "And with your spirit." The closer our translation is to the original Latin the more in-sync our liturgy will be with the rest of the Church! yay!

EcceNovaFacioOmni

Will the USA continue with the use of the NAB at Mass? The AD2000 article says that Australia is switching to the NRSV from the Jerusalem Bible.

I believe that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has forbidden the use of the NRSV Bible in the Divine Liturgy.

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jun 23 2005, 04:03 PM']I believe that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has forbidden the use of the NRSV Bible in the Divine Liturgy.
[right][snapback]620858[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Why?

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jun 23 2005, 05:03 PM']I believe that the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith has forbidden the use of the NRSV Bible in the Divine Liturgy.
[right][snapback]620858[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
huh? when? isn't that from the Vulgate? plus that doesn't seem like a question for the CDF, more like the Congregation for the Liturgy and the Sacraments (or whatever it's called, the one Arinze headed)

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 23 2005, 02:17 PM']huh?  when?  isn't that from the Vulgate?  plus that doesn't seem like a question for the CDF, more like the Congregation for the Liturgy and the Sacraments (or whatever it's called, the one Arinze headed)
[right][snapback]620871[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
The NRSV Bible is an "inclusive language" revision of the RSV Bible. The Congregation for Divine Worship originally gave its approval for the use of the NRSV in the Divine Liturgy, but the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith later rescinded the approval because of the problems with the socalled "gender neutral" language used by the translators.

Here is an article dealing with the issue:

[url="http://www.ad2000.com.au/articles/1995/feb1995p14_791.html"]Vatican says "No" to NRSV Translation[/url]