An Old School Catholic Message Board

a few

lifeteenchick527

no, but at my First Holy Communion, I also recieved the Sacrement of Confirmation (the year before my first Confession) and the sister there danced barefoot in front of the altar.

We ddin't read at our first Communion but we did at Confirmation, but I would call that a temporary basis lol

[quote name='Eremite' date='Jun 23 2005, 11:42 AM']When I made my First Holy Communion, everyone in my class (there were only 3 of us) had to read a portion of the Scripture reading during Mass. Did anyone else do this?
[right][snapback]620624[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
i sang the response... like normally, they just read it... but i sang it cuz they told me too... dont know why but they did...

Edited by doe-jo

Let me say that I am completely against the practice of unnecesary EMs. This position was intended to be used only in extraordinary circumstances (hence the title "Extraordinary Minister") in which the priest would be unable to give communion to all parishioners (due to remote distance, etc.)

The current practice of having a bunch of old ladies distributing the Holy Eucharist at every mass is an abuse, and leads to the loss of the sense of the Holiness of the Blessed Sacrament. I refuse to receive from them. Our associate pastor tried to get ride of this practice, but ran into too much opposition. Seems now that every church lady now thinks handling and distributing Holy Communion is her God-given right!