An Old School Catholic Message Board

I finally spoke to my

benedictaj

You can read about it on my xanga, but I wanted to tell you guys (mainly coz you're all so awesome!) ;)

He was soooooooooo supportive and so happy!!! Which in turn made me even happier!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D So he is the first person I've told face to face! It was a bit nerve wracking but I'm glad I did!!!!

Also, randomly, later in the day, my friend said "So Em...are you gonna be a nun?"
I was like WHAT?!?!?!?!?!? and I didn't answer her but still...well, maybe she was joking but I found that quite interesting (considering shes a non practising Muslim! :blink: )

MilesChristi

[quote]So he is the first person I've told face to face! It was a bit nerve wracking but I'm glad I did!!!![/quote]

Cool. Congrats on taking this step.

definitely cool. I wish we had a school chaplain. sadly i went to a "wonderful" atheistic pulic school. :(

Edited by jezic

What do you mean? I just mean that if you go to daily Mass you can talk to your pastor every day, which is sometimes more than you can even speak to a school chaplain. We kind of consider our priest at daily Mass the "school chaplain" because we talk to him after Mass each day and so forth.

Edited by Totus Tuus

[quote]I'm so happy for you. What Order are you looking at?[/quote]

Started looking at loads...have narrowed it down (I think, hope and pray!) to the Lockport Domincans in Louisiana, and the Poor Clares in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Depending on if they keep in contact, also the Dominicans up in New Jersey...with the Rosary....

On some days I think it would have awesome if Mum and Dad had homeschooled me and my brothers...however, theres no point now coz I only have 3 months of school left!!!!!

Now all I need is the courage to tell my parents....I mean...halfway round the world to live in a cloister?!?!?!?!?!? and I will be JUST 18....(my bdays in December...)

[quote]definitely cool. I wish we had a school chaplain. sadly i went to a "wonderful" atheistic pulic school. [/quote]

Poor you...our school chaplain is new to our school but hes fit in well. I didnt get along to well with the previous one...

UPDATE:
I have told one friend....the one who lives in Dallas...shes really happy for me. She wishes that she could find something like that to make HER happy...so prayers for her!!!!!