An Old School Catholic Message Board

Woman "Ordained"

Theologian in Training

Theologian in Training

[url="http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/crossing_continents/4119254.stm"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/cros...nts/4119254.stm[/url]

Such ignorance. If your going to be defiant then you cannot worry about the repercussions of excommunication. Either reveal yourself or go to another Church.

The Sacrament is both illicit and invalid and she is not even ordained to the priesthood. Just because they do it, does not make it work. You cannot change what God Himself has instituted.

What is really scary is that she is also blurring herself, because she does not want to be found out since she teaches religion. God help us. If she does not know the faith what in the world can she be teaching those she is teaching.

I really don't know whether I should be angry or sad or feel bad for her.....

God Bless

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote name='Theologian in Training' date='Jun 23 2005, 11:04 PM']I really don't know whether I should be angry or sad or feel bad for her.....
[right][snapback]621204[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Those feelings aren't contradictory...

Dreamweaver

A wolf in sheeps clothing? Do people have the right to know if their religious education teacher (or their childrens' teacher) is in union with Rome or not?

son_of_angels

I wasn't able to read the article (computer problems) but if a Catholic ordained a woman, I use the term loosely, it is damnable, an offense which hell itself has contrived in our communion.

One of those inquisition things is handy for times like this. Let those who burn for hell burn also in the flesh.

Theologian in Training

[quote name='Dreamweaver' date='Jun 24 2005, 01:08 AM']A wolf in sheeps clothing? Do people have the right to know if their religious education teacher (or their childrens' teacher) is in union with Rome or not?
[right][snapback]621244[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

In my opinion, they should. People wonder why so many adults do not believe as they once did, and they will tell you they were very poorly catechized. If they are not properly catechized how can they know the true faith? We already see the fallout from it, do we really need more of it?

God Bless

Brother Adam

Patricia has impeccable Catholic credentials. For 45 years she was a Dominican sister, nun and an academic, who trained with men destined for the priesthood.

Patricia, also "ordained" in a similar ceremony
An unjust law need not be adhered to
Patricia, an "ordained" Catholic
"My first feeling was: I'm doing the same study as the men, and I'm being excluded from the priesthood. It's so damned unfair," she said.

The archbishop continued that just as it is biologically impossible for a man to conceive, it is theologically impossible for a woman to be a priest.

The day following the "ordination", I attended mass at a local church and talked to the congregation about women priests.

I made no mention of the ceremony I had witnessed, but every person questioned, male and female, young and old, said they would welcome women into the Roman Catholic priesthood.

When I put this to Archbishop Foley, he said: "I don't think you win a war by surrender. The question is, what did Jesus want? What did he reveal? And what does the Church authoritatively teach?

"That's the norm by which we must judge, not by opinion polls."

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 24 2005, 07:36 AM']I made no mention of the ceremony I had witnessed, but every person questioned, male and female, young and old, said they would welcome women into the Roman Catholic priesthood.[right][snapback]621388[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

People need to learn why this is not possible. It's not about fair vs. unfair... it's about doing things the way they were taught to be done.

When I also put it to him that it is unfair to exclude women from the priesthood, he argued: "As a man I cannot conceive... is that unfair? By divine decision... there is this difference."

Gee, you get the feeling this quote is kinda taken out of context? This article is not biased in any way now is it?

Are there any good sources from the Roman Catholic church that can be referred to in order to refute this stuff?

Ratzinger (aka, papa Benedict XVI) in his days must have given some explanation or two from his office?

I can understand these women's frustrations, but the Catholic Church is simply not about what you want to do or what you want to hear... they can preach in protestant churches all they like, those guys have every flavor you want...

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

WHy?????

just become a protestant

Edited by Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='doe-jo' date='Jun 24 2005, 11:25 AM']she's really bored eh...
[right][snapback]621543[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Heterodox people do the silliest things

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jun 24 2005, 11:19 AM']WHy?????

just become a protestant
[right][snapback]621532[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Seriously that is something I don’t understand about people like this – if they believe everything except a few teaching they just refuse to accept, then join a similar non-Catholic church… oh, but maybe they stay because they do believe that the Catholic Church really is the One True Church? Then maybe they need to set aside their pride and think about that fact a little more

MissScripture

Okay, if she feels so strongly about it, why is she so afraid to reveal herself? Honestly, if you truly believe you are in the right then you don't need to hide...People hide things because they have done something WRONG!
And if she really knew her theology she would know why women aren't priests. She shouldn't be a religion teacher based on that fact alone!

Whoa, gotta stop now...raising blood pressure is making me dizzy...whoa...room must stop spinning...

[quote]"and one of the ways to break an unjust law is to break it", she said.[/quote]

This rule is a good...theres just one problem with her situation. God's law is not and cannot be unjust, so it doesnt really work for her..