An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have you all seen this commercial?

phatcatholic

phatcatholic

what do you all think about this?

[url="http://fun.from.hell.pl/2004-04-28/coke-light.mpeg"]Coke Light Commercial[/url]

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Jun 24 2005, 03:15 AM']hehe, u just ruined it for everyone :blink:
[right][snapback]621331[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
lol oops... was I not supposed to describe it? sorrrry... :mellow:

I thought you really wanted my opinion! :P

I think its...ok.

I don't like using religion to sell products though...unless of course it's bibles...

Good joke, decent exposition, one might say realistic... but just that one nagging thought where religion is used to sell a product... just leaves me a bit uneasy...

Maybe I'm just getting too old... ^_^

homeschoolmom

*spoilers*

Um, maybe that this priest can resist the tempation of the woman and her yummy new Coke Lite.

I'm not sure that's the message they are trying to get across, but I like it when priests and religious are potrayed as being somewhat "normal"...

What I thought they were going to do is have him swipe her soda-- which would have made me mad.

1337 k4th0l1x0r

I think the start of the commercial is a satire of a lot of other commercials. Woman sees a man (or sometimes the other way around) wearing swim attire and uses some mundane product to seduce the swimmer. The commercial takes a dramatic and amusing twist at the end and keeps the ending sin-free, much like the sin-free feeling you get from drinking Coke Lite. All the taste, none of the calories. Coke Lite, it's heavenly.

Wow, I just sounded like a commercial announcer.

Noel's angel

I think the priest made a mistake by putting his jeans on after just being in the water. There's nothing worse than wet jeans. Not to mention leaving his clothes in the sand. Wet skin+sand=pain.