An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have you all seen this commercial?

phatcatholic

1337 k4th0l1x0r

[quote name='Noel's angel' date='Jun 24 2005, 09:18 AM']I think the priest made a mistake by putting his jeans on after just being in the water.  There's nothing worse than wet jeans.  Not to mention leaving his clothes in the sand.  Wet skin+sand=pain.
[right][snapback]621463[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
It's a form of mortification, duh. :D

Fides_et_Ratio

Why is America the only place with Diet Coke?

I dislike Coke (and most dark colas), but it was amusing to see all the "Coke Lite" advertisements when I was in Europe.

**Spoiler**

i am not sure that i like the slightly suggestive part right before you see the collar though .... :S

HELP...Would someone please describe the commercial for me. My computer doesn't have the "thingee" I need to view the commercial. What can I say it is an old computer. Ya'll have me curious. :D HELP, HELP.

Noel's angel

ok, this guy comes out of the sea and a girl starts drinking the drink on a log thing. He puts his jeans on and pulls his belt and she's fiddling away with her dress. Then he puts his shirt on and turns around to her and he's a priest. Then he walks over to her, touches the can and blesses her on the head.

Ok thank you. I got the picture. Let me see...DUMB.
I don't drink coke, not since a friend told me she uses pours it on her battery to get rid of built up acid on the connectors.
I think the commercial (if I ever see it ) is more a waste of time than Anti-Catholic.
Guys I live in Georgia and have for the last 14 years. I know Anti-Catholic real good, I've got it coming out my ears. Anti-Catholicism is one of the reasons I AM STILL CATHOLIC.
Jesus promised his Church would be persecuted. I look at it this way as long as I am getting challenged, criticized, picked-on and whatever I am in the right place. No one else's church is coming under attack the way we are.
I told a co-worker once the day I wake up and the Catholic Church is not being attacked I QUIT.

Noel's angel

I'm not sure that it is supposed to be anti-Catholic at all-they're simply using Catholicism to aid their concept

Noel's angel

I think its a bit sad really, but then I am from NI and we have strange humour over here...

son_of_angels

I think it's kind of cool, in the sense that at least they are involving religion as a rea part of society, as opposed to something one just doesn't talk about in the public forum.