An Old School Catholic Message Board

ever had this happen?

Old_Joe

Noel's angel
:lol: I remember during the sign of peace at a school Mass, my non-catholic friend turned to my other firend and saud 'Please to meet you' 'cause thats what he thought we were saying! We nearly errupted

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jun 24 2005, 12:07 PM']send me a post card

[right][snapback]621723[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

It would probably looko something like this:

[img]http://www.mindfart.com/~jdv/DestroyUniverse/egeria%20hell.jpg[/img]

Dear old_joe,

Remember 17 or so years ago when I posted a bad joke on phatmass and you had asked me to send you a post card from purgatory when I had the chance? Well here it is...

Pictured on the postcard is the bathroom which I share with antoher 14 932 so called 'comedians'. Sorry they don't let us take pictures of any other place. We take turns cleaning it out, my turn will come back in about 4 years and 3 months unless I can wriggle my way of it somehow. Geesh, like sitting there was not bad enough.

Every 18 minutes, they force us to listen to angels who tell purgatory jokes, so we know how it all feels...

Then comes confession (yes, we are forced to go to confession every half hour). It gets hard to come up with new things to confess, even for an old sinner like me... ;)

Then they call up a small group of demons to talk to the group in an attempt to 'scare us straight'. Boy, the stories them... er... things have to say is unbelievable. At least I think so (I could never understand their language).

Anyways, according to the cyllabus that was given to me when I got here, I have about another 438 years left, then I'll be going to the smoker's purgatory. They say the bathrooms there are a bit better but the air is horrible...Angels talk to you about the nasty effects of smoking (like we really need to hear this now!), and then to scare us into quitting, demons come up, dressed in big cigarette uniforms and beat the living carp out of everyone. Sounds like fun... :(

The good news is to get out of that purgatory, all you have to do is make something out of the cigrattes you smoked while living. Think I'll make a twelve stories hotel with a swimming pool, shouldn't take me more than 233 years I figure.

Anyways, take care old-joe, and hope all is well is heaven (yea right, like there's any doubt). I'd say I was happy for you but that would be a lie... truthfully, well, I envy you (that's going to be my 8th purgatory, and I think I just added a month :unsure: ). Keep the faith and I hope to see you before the end of time.

Regards,

Didace

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jun 24 2005, 01:57 PM']Are you sure that's purgatory in the picture?  looks a little too firey.
[right][snapback]621884[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That's because the person on the throne, Seinfeld they call him, farted while holding a candle. It's not really firery but we take candles there becasue its really dark...

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jun 24 2005, 12:52 PM']yeah, I was the one who asked Matt to do his impression of his hair on fire again.  Actually, it's really funny you should mention NCK #7.  I was talking to Kate Hall recently, and we were trying to figure out how even though we went on that same retreat, we never actually met until recently.
[right][snapback]621805[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
That is okay, I was in a lab with Rebecca and Tim my first semester, but didn't get to know either until Lent with Rececca, and NCK #7 with Tim
Actually, Tim was also in a class of mine that semester, too... but I had no clue

Edited by iggy

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jun 24 2005, 01:58 PM']their is fire in purgatory worse than any fire on earth.
[right][snapback]621888[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yeah, and it is nice and purifying, so you can get to Heaven!

I don't think it is a distraction from the devil. Maybe you are over flowing with joy with Jesus.....

Laughing is something the devil would not want, no? I mean laughing means you are happy. I don't think the devil wants that.

Also, at Stubie they told us that there are gifts of the Holy Spirit. The gift of laughter is one of them. Sometimes emotions get built up in us and the only way to release them is through laughter or crying and the such.

I mean many people cry when they pray. Is this a distraction from the devil? it is showing the emotion within them.

I really think that your laughter is fine. I mean it would be a little weird to all of a sudden hear someone laughing and many people may find it rude but I don't think it is a distraction from the devil.

Meg

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 24 2005, 08:12 PM']and I know from experience people just get used to you.
[right][snapback]622222[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Who me?