An Old School Catholic Message Board

ever had this happen?

Old_Joe

I think I kinda have the same thing. I tend to be introverted which in turn makes into a bit of a loner or as I prefer to say a do-it-yourselfer. not to mention socially inept, but I'm working on that.

If you had met me in Tucson, I don't think you would have liked me, Zach. I was sooo socially inept. You could almost place a bet that whatever I said was absoloutly wrong for the moment. I still get scared when put into some social situations. You just have to learn to trust us more. It is harder than I just made it sound, but it comes to one thing: you are who God made you, yes, you are working on becoming more Him and less you, but right now, you are still more you than Him, but the Newman people will love you for the stuggle. Don't be afraid to call around to see if anyone is doing something, if they are having a small thing, they will tell you. Don't take it personally. I am now done lecturing you.

Thanks. I needed to hear that. Don't get me wrong. It's been changing a lot recently, especially since NCK 9. The problem was that I wasn't hearing about those "small things" as you put them, and it wasn't like I missed the call or was too busy. I was rarely called at all, and that was because I wasn't putting myself out there.

oh sometimes i laugh in mass for no reason.... but most times i have a reason.... my preist does the funniest things during mass , not on purpose and no one else but me and denise think it is funny... but some times things he does strike me as hilarious and i cant stop laughing and i feel rather guilty because i dont want to be a distraction in mass and also i want to pay attention. But like it is really funny when the deacon is giving the homily and then the preist starts falling asleep and then does funny looking things to help him stay awake.... i mean dont you think that woud be funny? or when he the priest gets cold while he is listening to the bishop give the homily so he sticks his arm way up underneath his vestments on his shoulder... sometimes things are just funny. ok i am rambling about things prolly no one really cares about so i will stop. God Bless and Mary keep

Karin

lol at my old parish, people would stay awake (if they went to mass at all) because the pastor talked with his hands, well more like his arms, and there were candles next to the lectionary... so people would watch because he always came very close to setting fire to his vestments

I went to Fr. Kilcawley's first mass, and at the end when he was thanking everyone who had influenced his life, he kept breaking into tears of joy all the while trying to maintain his composure. Everyone couldn't help but laugh because of this. It was a wonderful Mass. God Bless the Irish!

uh not to bad i like it...

is this what is called hi jacking a thread... i wouldnt think so since the creator of the thread is in the conversatio n how can he hi jack his own thread?