An Old School Catholic Message Board

call me mean but I did what I did

curtins

ok some of you may remember my thread about should I tell the girl I like that I like her. Well I did and she tells me that she likes me and it really went down from there. It was like the light turned off. Almost over night I didnt feel like i felt about her before I told her. Everthing was so serious and it was really awkward. I didnt want to date her at this point cause i wasnt ready to date but i felt like once school started we WERE DEFFINatly gonna go out and we were already a semi couple type deal and i didnt want that at all. I thought id give it a few days like maybe this would pass and id feel about her like i did before but that never happened. I talked to my freind about it and he said i have to tell her and so I did and now shes really sad but she still likes me. But I wasnt about to lie to her and have a romantic relationship that ends in a fight just to make her not feel bad. I realized I rushed this alot and Im deffinatly not ready for ANY of this carp

ugh hormones smell of elderberries

Brother Adam

I understand where you're at. I felt pressured into dating a girl once because everyone said how much she liked me and wanted to date me. I went out on a couple of dates, bike riding and to the movies. I just had no interest. It's better to let a girl know much earlier. Feelings will not be nearly as hurt.

yes. for the love of all that is good, cut it off quickly so she doesn't get too emotionally involved. it's like cutting off a finger versus cutting of the whole arm.

*grumbles*

as Mary Beth Bonacci says, "[url="http://www.reallove.net/articleshow6f59.html?ID=43"]Dating is about Dumping[/url]."

No worries Curtins. When you both grow up more and you both find your vocations things will not look so bad.

:) I am here if you need me as always :)

Meg

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 24 2005, 04:41 PM']I understand where you're at. I felt pressured into dating a girl once because everyone said how much she liked me and wanted to date me. I went out on a couple of dates, bike riding and to the movies. I just had no interest.
[/quote]

And then you went and married her. :rolleyes:

Curtins, you know what you did? I'll tell you what you did, by admitting you like this girl to her face, you killed the mystery? You're not supposed to go "oh hello, i really really like you and wanna make babies with you someday" :rolleyes: , that's called stupid curtins... STUPID! You don't do that? What you do is, you drop little hints, and very subtlely, then eventually she will come to you. Like a mate of mine once said "you reel em in a little, then you let em out a bit, reel em in a bit more, then out, then in, then out" and you get the picture. You just don't go "oh hello there, im well thank you, i really really like you and i think you are great and i was wondering if you would maybe like to come around to my house one day and scrabble!" Fook curtins, why you do it like that for? YOU DON'T DO IT EVER! :angry:

Geez. :angry:

Moron. :rolleyes:

Geez, Phazzan, sometimes you are funny but I think you cross the line sometimes....chilax.

[quote name='jmjtina' date='Jun 24 2005, 04:50 PM']as Mary Beth Bonacci says, "[url="http://www.reallove.net/articleshow6f59.html?ID=43"]Dating is about Dumping[/url]."
[right][snapback]622068[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I LOVE MARY BETH! She came to my diecosie (sp? it is late for me) and gave a talk and I got to go to it a few years ago. She is SOOOO COOL!

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 25 2005, 11:13 PM']diecosie (sp? it is late for me) [right][snapback]623884[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Diocese?

:ph34r: your word scares me..