An Old School Catholic Message Board

How did you come up with your screen name?

Old_Joe

Yeah... Mine's not very interesting. My name isn't Catherine, or Cath or anything... it's Michelle

I am Canadian : CAN

and I'm Catholic: CATH

CAN+CATH= CanCath

Michelle from Impact Halifax ??? Maybe???

Mine's tricky, see the Sarah represents my first name... lol...
JC are my middle initials. It's also the first letters of Jesus Christ. Which is pretty cool.

[quote name='Sarah_JC' date='Jun 26 2005, 01:35 PM']Michelle from Impact Halifax ??? Maybe???
[right][snapback]624297[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yeah! THat's me!!! Who are you? hehe. Are you Sarah from Impact?

corban is an aramaic word which means "given to God" or "offering". 711 is because that word is used in Mk 7:11. also the name we chose for our music ministry since we want it to be entirely given to God (corban) :)

[quote name='Dudette' date='Jun 26 2005, 02:23 PM']YEAH, ANOTHER HALIGONIAN!!!!! WOOHOO!!!
[right][snapback]624321[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Oh... I'm not from Hali... I'm from Ottawa. But I was on a mission trip in Halifax for Four months last summer called Impact Canada with CCO (Catholic Christian Outreach) Sorry. hehe.

My favorite saint is Mary Magdalene. Maddalena is the Italian word for Magdalene, and when I thought of the username, I was in an Italian obsession -- so that's where I got my name. :B

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 26 2005, 12:26 PM']oh, i just assumed corban was your name, and that your birthday was 7/11
[right][snapback]624324[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hehe. nope! :) my name is nick! that's why i post in these threads every few months when they come up because I realize that probably most people would just assume that was my name. but corban basically summarizes my desires for my life...to be totally given to God in all that He asks of me. although, it will make a great name for a son if God blesses me with one someday...

MissScripture

My name was given to me by my 10th grade religion teacher. One day we were reading in our books about when Jesus called Peter Satan, and I knew where it was...(Mark 8:31). He'd been impressed with my knowledge of scripture/the church before that...but that sealed the deal, and I was forever Miss Scripture in his class. I actually found it kind of sad, because I don't consider myself to know that much, but no one else knew more (and that is the sad part, since most of us had gone to Catholic School since kindergarted). And that is the story of my name and e-mail address.

[quote name='CanCath' date='Jun 26 2005, 02:25 PM']Oh... I'm not from Hali... I'm from Ottawa. But I was on a mission trip in Halifax for Four months last summer called Impact Canada with CCO (Catholic Christian Outreach) Sorry. hehe.
[right][snapback]624323[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

aww, it's all cool though! ^_^

morostheos means "foolishness of God" in Greek. I got it from the passage in Corinthians that says the greatest wisdom of men is the foolishness of God.

Well, my real name is Emily but there are soooooooooooooooooooo many Emilys in the Catholic online world that I took my nickname "Mem" and my middle name is Rose (of Lima...) so yeah, not too original.

homeschoolmom

I was [i]going[/i] to use "Lester" because that was my nick name in high school... but I didn't want people thinking I was a boy...