An Old School Catholic Message Board

the blue angels

allis-challmers

What do you think of them.  

27 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

allis-challmers

I am in Evansville IN and we are having our freedom fest this weekend. The Navy has a team of pilots that are awsome. There is six of them in this group. they put on a show for an hour and they are nuts. they have a formation that puts them 18 INCHES away from each other. they are going 400 miles an hour and only 18 inches apart. there was another one when they were only going 160 mpr. that is as fast as some cars go in Europe. I didn't know that you could go that slow in a plane.

how 'bout the thunderbirds

[img]http://www.highgallery.com/thunderbirds/Thunderbirds-unusual/Thunderbirds-unusual-LakePowell.jpg[/img]

every year we used to have an air show during the Azalea Festival and the BAs would be in the air show.... now, we dont have an air show at this Festival... but in the fall, they come to Oceana Air Base and show off their skills... the TBIRDS are cool too, they've been here as well....

in Dayton, OH, there's a cool airshow every year. a year or two ago, they were celebrating 100 years of flight, and since Dayton is the birthplace of aviation (the wright bros lived there), it was a big deal. the USAF Thunderbirds, USN Blue Angels and the Canadian Snowbirds were all there. the French team was also supposed to come, but they couldn't. so yeah, it was really sweet!

Yeah the blue angels are amazing. Usually they perform here in B.C. Canada at the Abbotsford International Airshow but last year they were absent. I don't think they'll be here this year but the Thunderbirds will be performing so that should be sweet. Never saw them live yet.

I saw them a few times. They're pretty awesome.

Rei, are you wanting to join the Air Force?

Fidei Defensor

Ive seen both groups. We have an annual airfest here, and the blue angels or thunderbirds always perform. I live right by the airport (down the road) so i get a good view ;)

Our airshow was just last weekend, as a matter of fact.

[quote name='picchick' date='Jun 26 2005, 03:05 PM']I saw them a few times.  They're pretty awesome.

Rei, are you wanting to join the Air Force?
[right][snapback]624546[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

i'm already in the air force

i seem to get that a lot around here

missionarybelle

I've seen th blue angels and the thunderbirds and they are awesome!!!!

they make me want to be a pilot and do cool stuff like that

The Chicago Air and Water Show alternates each year between the BlueAngels and theThunderbirds. Anyone who works downtown does not have a productive Friday afternoon before the show because they are at the windows watching them practice (I should know, as I had a window cube in the Merchandise Mart last year).

Of couse, one of the coolest things was hearing them fly overhead at Mass one year right after communion - sort of a "fly-by for Jesus".

BullnaChinaShop

I saw them couple years ago at Pensacola Naval Air Station. That is where they are based and they always do a homecoming airshow in November.

I also saw the Thunderbirds last year at Eglin Air Force Base. I thought both groups were fun to watch but without watching one right after the other I couldn't really say which one I tought was better.