An Old School Catholic Message Board

my library

Aloysius

yeah that's true. however, I can stand it so long as it doesn't get in the way of meaning.

even the new translation of the Mass, for instance, will say in the Gloria "peace to his PEOPLE on earth"... now.. while I prefer men and think it would be much superior, I can stand "people"

"him or her" "his/her" "he/she" or the most infamously ugly of all "(s)he" cause me to go into convulsions.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 26 2005, 01:11 AM']yeah that's true.  however, I can stand it so long as it doesn't get in the way of meaning. 

even the new translation of the Mass, for instance, will say in the Gloria "peace to his PEOPLE on earth"... now.. while I prefer men and think it would be much superior, I can stand "people"

"him or her" "his/her" "he/she" or the most infamously ugly of all "(s)he" cause me to go into convulsions.
[right][snapback]624027[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, that's why I would want to look at it first, because I might be able to ignore it if it there isn't a dramatic amount of it.

That being said, the book does contain the original language on the other page, so that too might make it worth the purchase.

woah.... that is awesome... learn Greek and Latin while I learn about every single Council this great Church has ever come up with... wow

what better way to learn Latin/Greek than the way people always did it before... in the bosom of the Church!

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 26 2005, 01:40 AM']woah.... that is awesome... learn Greek and Latin while I learn about every single Council this great Church has ever come up with... wow

what better way to learn Latin/Greek than the way people always did it before... in the bosom of the Church!
[right][snapback]624036[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Well it certainly would be nice to have the doctrinal formulations in their original language.

:D

oh my goodness... I have to wake up my mom and get her to give me her credit card... I'll write her a check

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 26 2005, 01:46 AM']oh my goodness... I have to wake up my mom and get her to give me her credit card... I'll write her a check
[right][snapback]624040[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Patience is a virtue.

yeah yeah, that's what they say :P

but... I can't wait!!

lol... at least it's a free 24 hr. delivery :)

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 26 2005, 01:58 AM']yeah yeah, that's what they say :P

but... I can't wait!!

lol... at least it's a free 24 hr. delivery :)
[right][snapback]624043[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
:shame:

[quote name='Apotheoun' date='Jun 26 2005, 05:07 AM']:shame:
[right][snapback]624045[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
what? you realize I could have it by Monday? :D lol :P

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 26 2005, 02:11 AM']what?  you realize I could have it by Monday? :D lol :P
[right][snapback]624046[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Ah, modern technology.

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 26 2005, 03:01 AM']yeah, I saw another site like that once.

it's wierd I know... but I have to have it in print... it's just not the same online

[url="http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=2c7ChEiBNe&isbn=0878404902&itm=1"]http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearc...878404902&itm=1[/url]

I have a member card at barnes n noble AND a coupon for an extra $5 off my next online purchase... so I might be getting it here :cool:
[right][snapback]623991[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
not this one, it's the same one Apotheoun had

I posted a link before Apotheoun to a different one, the Trent-VI one, but this one is definitely NicaeaI-VII

uhh... Jerusalem I? I can find that in Acts bro.

edit: lol don't worry about it... but I do have to add in this quote to document your mistake so everyone can point and laugh
phatcatholic said:
[quote]yeah, but you don't want the councils before Nicaea?[/quote]

:P

[quote name='phatcatholic' date='Jun 26 2005, 02:34 AM']*edit: i'm retarded
[right][snapback]624053[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
No you're not, you just clicked the earlier link. :cool: