An Old School Catholic Message Board

St. Therese, why do you taunt me so?

Aloysius

so I did the Rose thing... this was a while ago... and I got like the most clear answer you could ever get

see I was prayin for vocations, and to the Little Flower especially, and askin for a rose from heaven that would give me a clue. red for marriage, white for priest/religious ya' know?

and the answer I got was like, dumbfounding. I was in our little Blessed Sacrament chapel praying in front of the tabernacle. There was this statue of Our Lady in there as well. So I see in her hands this red rose laying there... wow, okay, so how more direct can the Little Flower be huh? very much more direct and specific!!!, at least it seemed to me at the time... because: I later found out that this very specific girl had been the one who LEFT THE FLOWER THERE (she had no idea I was prayin this so it's not like she was fixing it)

so I figure... oh wow, marriage + the girl who left the flower... amazing providence and intercession and all that... perfect!

so we broke up a few months ago...

BUT now she's wonderin about that decision... and so am I...

but I'm dating another girl... a really sweet nice fun girl who I do like...

but way back when I was convinced of my love for this other girl

anyone got a clue what St. Therese is tryin to do to me here? should I ask for another rose over these two?

I'm leavin it alone... at least for the summer... seing how things go with the girl I'm dating now (though ultimately circumstances of college will leave us apart)

and the girl with the rose... well.. she's goin to the same college as me

ah well, sera sera. i'm not even sure there's anything there. it's just the possibility...

and I would feel so bad to hurt the other girl. she's nice AND I like her.

I really shouldn't be posting this all on PM... I think my judgement might be a little impaired at the moment from lack of sleep.

There's a priest here decided his vocation that way. He asked St. Therese to send him a red rose if he's supposed to be married---and a white rose if he's supposed to be a priest. He said that was kinda like an afterthought. Well, a few months later he found himself working at an "abortion alternative" center, which was actually a pro-life place, named the White Rose. Well, you get the picture.

St. Therese of Lisieux aka the little flower. Everyone calls her Therese so as not to confuse her for St. Theresa of Avila.

i did that too. and my friend told me he would give me a pink rose. i was like "...very funny, my friend." he ended up not giving me that pink rose, but then i came home and there were red roses. kinda scary.

What would be the case then? Would that mean that you would get married, suffer through your spouse's death, and then join the religious life? Or join a Greek Rite Church and do both?

Supposedly, you pray for her intercession in discerning your vocation for marriage or religious life. Usually the prayers, go something like, "Dear Therese, please send me a red rose if I am to be married or a white rose if I am to join the religious life." In some way, whether with an actual rose or an allusion to one, she'll respond.

Hmm. I have had a similar "taunting" today. I asked St. Therese to send me a rose, red or white, to help in decerning my vocation. This morning I went to Mass and decided to stay for Adoration. The Adoration Chapel was busier than usual, but I figured it was because Mass had just gotten out. As it turns out (I knew this before hand, but completely forgot) there is a Rosary (which has some connection to roses right?) in the Chapel after Mass. After the second decade I noticed that we were praying a little prayer to the Virgin that went something like this:

We tie these [b]SNOW WHITE BUDS[/b] together for the virtue of (insert virtue here) and lay this boquet at your feet.

Then, when I got in my car to go home, I forgot to look out for roses untill I was half way home. No sooner did I start looking than a song came on the radio. It was "Be Yourself" by Audioslave and one of the verses is "Another lays [b]A DOZEN WHITE ROSES[/b] on a grave."

So anyway, I just thought I would get a few second opinions. Do you guys think St. Therese and Mom are trying to tell me something or am I just grabbing at straws?

Ash Wednesday

Are y'all praying formal prayers like a novena, or just an informal prayer? If it's formal do you have links to it? :)

lifeteenchick527

there was a thread that i had on here with a bunch of st therese novenas on it...
but i am not sure

u can also just check google...they normally have some

God Bless
LTC :hearts: