An Old School Catholic Message Board

Holy Carp

homeschoolmom

homeschoolmom

I just clicked and got a stupid ad with a grotesquely frightening picture of modern Michael Jackson. I almost fainted.... Stupid pop ups.

Use [url="http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/"]Firefox[/url] as your browser if you don't have it already. It has a built-in pop-up blocker that blocks virtually all pop-ups. I highly recommend it. :)

Fidei Defensor

The newer versions, or the upgrades for IE have a popup blocker in it. I have the upgrade and it works well.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Extra ecclesiam nulla salus' date='Jun 26 2005, 07:03 PM']go broadband people its just that nice...
[right][snapback]624762[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I love having cable internet combined with IE. Works like a charm, no problems so far.

Brother Adam

broadband gives you more viruses, depending on company. I know Yahoo SBC my friend got 60 viruses in 24 hours (and he doesn't surf bad stuff :P )

Extra ecclesiam nulla salus

comcast comcast its fine with me and its way faster for real

its cool like that

Never had a problem....I have IE SP2 and I use it almost exclusively. I also have the MSN toolbar and it blocks 80% of the pop ups, as well as having PopThis from surfapps.com.

I have almost no pop ups.....maybe one a month?

I don't have that problem either. I mean, I get some sometimes... rarely. I also have the google pop up blocker and that helps lots.

Birgitta Noel

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 26 2005, 07:09 PM']broadband gives you more viruses, depending on company. I know Yahoo SBC my friend got 60 viruses in 24 hours (and he doesn't surf bad stuff :P )
[right][snapback]624770[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Ummm, I'm not sure how that's related to broadband? We have SBC and I've gotten few viruses.

Fidei Defensor

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jun 26 2005, 07:09 PM']broadband gives you more viruses, depending on company. I know Yahoo SBC my friend got 60 viruses in 24 hours (and he doesn't surf bad stuff :P )
[right][snapback]624770[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Yes, i can testify to that. If you have no virus scanner and blocker, you get alot. When i first hooked mine up, i got viruses within 5 seconds. I had over 200 and it almost ruined my computer. I got it fixed though, and then downloaded the new virus software that my internet company released, and now i have no problems.