An Old School Catholic Message Board

Male abortion

Lil Red

sweetpea316

That made total sense. Nice way of thinking of it...

It kills me when people argue that "its not really a baby until its born" or something to that extent... but I always say what my friend told me...

If you ask a little kid what is in mommy's tummy when she's pregnant, they will say 'a baby!' Not an 'it', not a clump of cells...a BABY.

If a child can recognize that, how can the concept be so hard to understand for others? -_-

lifeteenchick527

yeah that is true to... drn.. this reminds me of the Aaron Carter song Leave it up to me (basically leave it up to the kids lol)

well anywase

God Bless
LTC :hearts:

i read something cool once- it mentioned that it takes 5-7 days for a ferlized embryo to implant in the uterus (the "techincal" deifinition of life) it takes 3-5 days to get from Mary's house to Elizabeth's house. So chances are that John recongised Jesus before He was implanted in Mary's uterus. cool thought, no?

son_of_angels

It might be, but, even though I like the concept, John the Baptist was three months older than Jesus, so it doesn't really work. Nice thought though.

Still a thought for those "Christians" who support abortion if it's before a certain time (like three months).

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Jun 28 2005, 03:17 PM']McCulley also proposed that new legislation enumerate the grounds under which the father can "abort" his legal responsibilities, including the woman's fraud and misrepresentation, a binding contract between the unwed parents, the unwed father's offer of payment for abortion, his guaranteed consent to adoption, [b][i]and his full disclosure prior to intimacy of his intent to refuse responsibility for any resulting child.[/i][/b]
[right][snapback]626308[/snapback][/right]
[/quote][color=purple]
How would that even work?!

"Hey baby...you're lookin sexy tonight.. but hold up just a sec... Just to let you know, if you get pregnant that's your problem and I ain't planning on spending one cent on you or your clump of cells, won't be there for you if something happens, and plan on abandoning you to raise a child alone. Let's get it on."

Catch me I'm swooning.[/color]

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Jun 28 2005, 05:37 PM']It might be, but, even though I like the concept, John the Baptist was three months older than  Jesus, so it doesn't really work.  Nice thought though.
[right][snapback]626656[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
what do you mean?

Dreamweaver

Hmm, what if the father wants life for his child, but the mother is hell bent on aborting the child? The "rights of the father" would have no bearing in this case, since it is the woman's body (and evidentally some believe that a fetus is a maternal parasite).

Men should be men and live up to the responsibilities of being a father. Pregnancy is a natural, healthy consequence of choosing to have sex. If you're not ready to raise a child, maybe you should keep your legs shut.

[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 28 2005, 06:43 PM']i read something cool once- it mentioned that it takes 5-7 days for a ferlized embryo to implant in the uterus (the "techincal" deifinition of life) it takes 3-5 days to get from Mary's house to Elizabeth's house. So chances are that John recongised Jesus before He was implanted in Mary's uterus.  cool thought, no?[right][snapback]626592[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Jun 28 2005, 07:37 PM']It might be, but, even though I like the concept, John the Baptist was three months older than  Jesus, so it doesn't really work.  Nice thought though.[right][snapback]626656[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[quote name='iggy' date='Jun 28 2005, 08:23 PM']what do you mean?
[right][snapback]626699[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
[color=purple] I think iggy's observation could still stand. John, even though he was an older fetus, still lept for joy when Jesus was only 3-5 days old in the womb, and therefore possibly not yet implanted. John's age has nothing to do with the fact that Jesus, while not in the uterine lining, was most definitely a person! :) [/color]

[quote name='Mateo el Feo' date='Jun 28 2005, 11:25 AM']Seriously, this "male abortion" idea is just another logical consequence of the Culture of Death philosophy.
[right][snapback]626320[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Sad, but true.