An Old School Catholic Message Board

Canada may be 3rd nation to OK gay marriage

Lounge Daddy

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jun 29 2005, 12:04 PM']I remeber being in Quebec when they had the first legalized same-sex union.  this was right before WYD 2002.
[right][snapback]627406[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Quebec, my native land... continuously bleeding from its self inflicted wounds... I quietly weap the fate it has made for herself.

She has turned into one of the worst pools of self loving sinners in North America...[i]and proud of it... [/i]:sadder:

[quote name='Didacus' date='Jun 29 2005, 12:43 PM']Quebec, my native land...  continuously bleeding from its self inflicted wounds...  I quietly weap the fate it has made for herself.

She has turned into one of the worst pools of self loving sinners in North America...[i]and proud of it... [/i]:sadder:
[right][snapback]627498[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

When we were there for days in the diocese, which is (for those of who don't know) where people of the diocese of Quebec City sponsored Pilgrims from our diocese. They said that we were the most reverent group of youngsters they had seen in almost 20 years. I like how you guys have a crucifix hanging in the Parliament building.

[quote name='jezic' date='Jun 29 2005, 12:45 PM']is the whole world on the same crash course for hell as America?
[right][snapback]627503[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yep. A lot of us Americans are slow to get over this "American exceptionalism" thing. We like to think we're uniquely evil. ;)

[quote name='Old_Joe' date='Jun 29 2005, 12:47 PM'][snip]
I like how you guys have a crucifix hanging in the Parliament building.
[right][snapback]627509[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Doesn't take much anymore to impress the Quebec people anymore,eh? I am not surprised they had such compliments for you. You can get pointed out if the cross around your neck is showing... I bet you could have impressed them by reciting the profession of Faith by heart.

So how did you find Quebec in general? did you have a chance to go around 'l'Vieux Quebec" Old Quebec?

Notice we don't have a copy of the offensive 10 commandements, since Quebec is far more advanced than other modern civilisations... Actually, Quebec likes to refer to 'other' civilisations as 'semi-modern'... that's how advanced they are....

*sob*

[quote name='Dudette' date='Jun 29 2005, 12:55 PM']oh I didn't know you were from Quebec, Didace.
[right][snapback]627518[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yes...Quebec... My petite patry...

My mere patry - La France... Du coter catholique et chretien, elle n'est guerre mieux que le Quebec ces jours-ci... Elas ma mere... elas ma soeur... que vont devenir mes enfants maintenant?

I was born in Quebec, Rouyn-Noranda to be precise... moved to Ontario at 2 years of age... but my mother, being from Quebec... born and raised, always held the Quebec history close to me since i was the only one amongst 6 chldren to have been born there...

So I grew to love this land very much...yes, very much so.

[quote name='Dudette' date='Jun 29 2005, 01:01 PM']you would get along with my dad, he's from Quebec. :cool:
[right][snapback]627524[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hmmmm... maybe... maybe not... The quebec beast can be pretty... say... argumentative... comes with that heart and passion thing...

So is your father french? Did he vorted in the referendum (s)?

[quote name='Didacus' date='Jun 29 2005, 03:10 PM']You know...might be best if I didn't...
[right][snapback]627541[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

oh? Why's that?

[quote name='Dudette' date='Jun 29 2005, 01:11 PM']oh? Why's that?
[right][snapback]627544[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

hmmm... er....
I'll let you gifure that one out through lighthearted supper conversation with your family... ok?