An Old School Catholic Message Board

Official What Orders are You Considering Thread!

the_rev

mariology21

[quote name='crusader03' date='Jul 7 2005, 09:03 AM']This September 8 (God willing), I will be entering the [url="http://www.sistersofmary.org"]Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist[/url]. I just returned from pre-postulant week, in which 17 young women lived with the sisters for four days. I miss it so much!!!!!
[right][snapback]634167[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Congratulations!! I have heard so much about these sisters recently. They sure do sound like such a wonderful group. I'm so happy for you!

~Jen

FutureSoror

Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist for me!

I'm going to their Retreat in October and I'll ask for my entrance papers then, so I can enter at the end of next summer. :)

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

SOmething tells me phatmass will be losing some wonderful young ladies to the religious life this and next year! Not that it is a bad thing though...

[quote name='FutureSoror' date='Jul 11 2005, 01:24 PM']Dominican Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist for me!

I'm going to their Retreat in October and I'll ask for my entrance papers then, so I can enter at the end of next summer.  :)
[right][snapback]639615[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

You ARE?!?! AWESOME! I think I knew about this, but it slipped my mind when I read your post! Yay!!!

Thy Kingdom Come!
Feast of St. Benedict, Founder of Western Monasticism

It is great to read that God is still calling many people to the consecrated life (not the religious life, I feel everyone is called to live a reliigous life, so I refer to the sisters, brothers, deacons, etc. as consecrated.) When I pray for vocations I pray for an increase in vocations to the priesthood and the consecrated life and for perseverence for those who are pursuing a vocation.

Please pray holy priests future sisters of PM.

As even Jesus said back in 33 AD stands true today,

"The harvest is great and yet laborers are few, so then pray to the Father in Heaven for more laborers to tend to the harvest"

[i]Yours in Christ,[/i]

Eddie Lee

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='the_rev' date='Jul 11 2005, 10:11 PM']Thy Kingdom Come!
Feast of St. Benedict, Founder of Western Monasticism

It is great to read that God is still calling many people to the consecrated life (not the religious life, I feel everyone is called to live a reliigous life, so I refer to the sisters, brothers, deacons, etc. as consecrated.)  When I pray for vocations I pray for an increase in vocations to the priesthood and the consecrated life and for perseverence for those who are pursuing a vocation.

Please pray holy priests future sisters of PM.

As even Jesus said back in 33 AD stands true today,

"The harvest is great and yet laborers are few, so then pray to the Father in Heaven for more laborers to tend to the harvest"

[i]Yours in Christ,[/i]

Eddie Lee
[right][snapback]640452[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
Amen!

holyspirit1985

Carmelite Sisters of the Most Sacred Heart of Los Angeles mostly. But pretty much I want to be a Carmelite whether through this order, another order, or as a laywoman. And as of today I've started looking into the Daughters of St. Joseph.
About the Dominicans SMME, I think I'm still going to go visit them to see an order that's not Carmelite. I think it'll be good for me. I know 2 people through livejournal that are entering this fall. :)

Yeah, I wish I could go to the October SMME retreat, cept I have all my major end of school exams about 2 weeks later. Hopefully I'll make it to the Feb one.......

Yeah, I vaguely "know" people off xanga who are entering this September as well.

son_of_angels

holyspirit1985,

There is a really great (so I hear) Carmelite convent in Nebraska, which is served by the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter. They are a very traditional, very cloistered convent. A friend of mine's sister is having her clothing there this week.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='son_of_angels' date='Jul 13 2005, 08:45 AM']holyspirit1985,

There is a really great (so I hear) Carmelite convent in Nebraska, which is served by the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter.  They are a very traditional, very cloistered convent.  A friend of mine's sister is having her clothing there this week.
[right][snapback]641892[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
I've heard of them! They sound uber cool...

Whoo! More people coming to SMME retreats! Yay! I'll be there (duh)... which reminds me, I need to write my vocation story soon... (as if it isn't already "written")!! :)

FutureSoror

Ooo... Yes, I'll be watching for it online when they put all of you new postuants up on the site! :) Do you think they'll be able to fit them all in the newsletter?

Sr. Joseph Andrew is still pressing us all to send her our vocation stories. She says that if need be, she will make the type smaller to get all the stories in! But prepare for a PACKED newsletter between zillions of missions/camps this summer, final profession (!!!!!!!!!!!!), first profession, reception to the habit, and (God willing) a record number of postulants!!!!!! :)