An Old School Catholic Message Board

Enjoy this one... feel free to jump in...

ironmonk

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 5 2005, 11:12 AM']Aw... Ironmonk. I'm disappointed that you got banned-- though I'm hardly surprised.

Their fear of Catholics is very, very telling.
[right][snapback]632053[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Exactly...

[quote]Your account with Baptist Board has been terminated. We no longer 'approve' Catholics nor allow pro Catholic church postings and the following explanation is our reasoning for your banning.[/quote]

""pro-Catholic" church postings are unacceptable even if it is what the Catholic Church teaches, but hateful Catholic bashing is totally ok. If the post puts the Catholic Church in a positive light, then the post will be deleted or edited... Even if the post in 100% what the Catholic Church really teaches.... Feel free to bear false witness to what the Catholic Church teaches."

This speaks volumes for what the truth is. I believe that these people running the board are not sincere and they do want to keep the truth from people. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. To embrace bearing false witness and to shun understanding is not Christian and shows that the love of Christ is lacking.

God Bless!
ironmonk

More contact info on BaptistBoard.com

Baptist Board
63-45 Saunders Street #4F
Rego Park, NY 11374
US
Phone: (718) 830-4592
Fax: 999 999 9999

Domain Name: BAPTISTBOARD.COM

Administrative Contact :
Baptist Board
baptistboard@BAPTISTMAIL.COM
63-45 Saunders Street #4F
Rego Park, NY 11374
US
Phone: (718) 830-4592
Fax: 999 999 9999

Technical Contact :
Holtzman, Eric I
eric@HOSTING4LESS.COM
9586 TOPANGA CANYON BLVD
CHATSWORTH, CA 91311-4011
US
Phone: 818-998-0632
Fax: 818-773-8023

Record expires on 16-Jun-2006
Record created on 16-Jun-2000
Database last updated on 14-Jun-2005

Domain servers in listed order: Manage DNS

COMET.HOSTING4LESS.COM 208.178.1.2
NS2.HOSTING4LESS.COM 208.178.180.3

homeschoolmom

Not to totally belabor this issue, but I'm still following threads at the BB. com. This one, regarding "twisting Scripture" was really interesting (you handled it quite nicely, Ironmonk) Below is a quote from IM followed by a rebuttal from an anti-Catholic.

[quote]quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marcia,

God Bless and thank you for your reply.

How are books by men going to help me, they are not Scripture?

Please help me understand with a Scripture basis of how we are to know who distorts scripture.

God Bless,
Sirach
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Bible has been studied for about 2,000 years and during that time the church has held a historic faith that has not changed in the essentials. [b]When someone suddenly has a new way to interpret something or makes a claim never made, then red flags should be raised. If it was already in the text, then it would not suddenly be discovered.[/b]
Books by men can help when what they teach is in line with this historic faith and with God's word. God's word is not a puzzle; it is plain and God wrote it for us to understand. Therefore, we can use books by men as long as we are discerning. It does not mean we have to accept everything they say. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/quote]

So, I'm reading and thinking, "Doesn't the belief in the rapture fall into this 'RED FLAG' catagory?? No one believed in that until the 1800s or so..."

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jul 5 2005, 01:39 PM']Not to totally belabor this issue, but I'm still following threads at the BB. com. This one, regarding "twisting Scripture" was really interesting (you handled it quite nicely, Ironmonk) Below is a quote from IM followed by a rebuttal from an anti-Catholic.
So, I'm reading and thinking, "Doesn't the belief in the rapture fall into this 'RED FLAG' catagory?? No one believed in that until the 1800s or so..."
[right][snapback]632181[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I know what you mean. I think the thing is that they do not research history (obviously). I think they just take their preachers word for it.

I wish I could reply to that... Oh how I wish I could reply... maybe I'll have to create a few new names :)

God Bless,
ironmonk

Brother Adam

Haha. They have my IP pegged so every name I give them gets rejected, and I won't lie and say I'm a baptist on the registration info.

homeschoolmom
:lol:

I wouldn't lie, either.... but I wonder, would they ban a Methodist (no), a Lutheran (no), an Episcopalian (probably not)... What about an Orthodox (looks like their getting close to booting them off)

What about a JW, Morman or Scientologist? Muslim? Jew?

Who is it considered okay for descrimination?

Brother Adam

An invitation at the end of a pastors sermon or church service in which all persons are invited to come to the front of the church and accept Jesus Christ as their Personal Lord and Savior. This is typically done through the traditional "Sinner's Prayer" or less commonly by a private confession of sins and then a sinners prayer.

Brother Adam

It's funny. I noticed Briguy doesn't come here hardly at all anymore. He's from the BB. I wish he would come around more.

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 5 2005, 07:58 PM']Haha. They have my IP pegged so every name I give them gets rejected, and I won't lie and say I'm a baptist on the registration info.
[right][snapback]632499[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I don't lie on the form, I simply put Christian. Technically the Catholic Church is the only true Christian Church because we follow the way of Christ, not the way of Luther, the way of Calvin, etc....

:)

God Bless!
ironmonk

[quote name='Brother Adam' date='Jul 5 2005, 08:30 PM']yeah, but "St. Peter" is kindof a give away.
[right][snapback]632533[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

My answer to Home Church was "Wherever I'm at on Sunday".

:D

God Bless!
ironmonk