An Old School Catholic Message Board

Benny Hinn

dUSt

Brother Adam

Binny Hinn is scary stuff. I really wouldn't make fun of it, cause the sad fact is- people very well probably are going to hell because of his work. :)

I would really be interested in reading an artical about Benny Hinn by a Priest or something. Always was interested in some of the clergy's view about him.

I would like to add my personal expierence at a...yes...a Benny Hinn Crusade (last year in Charolette). On the final day of the Crusade later that night, he called all the youth down (including me and my brothers) to be "filled" with the Holy Ghost.

Ignorant at the time, I thought this would be just a blessing from God. Well all the youth went down before the stage and as we waited, he took a few moments to concentrate and flung his hand.

I can tell you, I did fall down. I wasn't payed before hand and I was totally unprepared on what was about to happen. It felt as if, I was "floating" down to the ground. When others fell on my legs I didn't feel any pain, just pressure.

I don't know what it could've been, but it could or could not have been the Holy Spirit. I'm just confused.

Edited by Paladin D

Binny Hinn is scary stuff. I really wouldn't make fun of it, cause the sad fact is- people very well probably are going to hell because of his work. :(

Why would people go to hell because of Benny Hinn's work?

uh oh, Bro. you made the mistake of stating the fact that certain people are going to hell. i've learned that is forbidden by Catholics. we are not to judge people, even though we've been warned that we may very well be going to hell for not being Catholic. yikes.

Ok so I searched for stuff about Benny Hinn and this is something I found. It really is very depressing so you might want to read with discretion...

This is a quote in an article at this website: http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/hinncatholic.html from this source:

It's quoted as being from this source:

(The Confusing World Of Benny Hinn, G. Richard Fisher and M. Kurt Goedelman, pp. 132-133, quoting Praise The Lord Show, Trinity Broadcasting network, December 27, 1994.)

"On national television, Hinn recently shared an experience which should raise a red flag in the minds of all thinking Christians. In the course of describing a Catholic communion service in Amarillo in which he took part, he stated that he suddenly felt numb, then felt someone step in front of him. The sensation become so real that he then reached out and touched a robe which had "a silky feeling, a beautiful softness to the robe. ... The next thing I was feeling was actually the form of a body, the shape of a body. And my body ... went totally numb.... And God really gave me a revelation that night, that when we partake communion, it's not just communion, Paul [Crouch]. We are partaking Christ Jesus himself. He did not say, "Take, eat, this represents my body." He said, "This is my body, broken for you..." When you partake communion, you're partaking Christ, and that heals your body. When you partake Jesus how can you stay weak?...sick? ... And so tonight, as we partake

communion, we're not partaking bread. We're partaking what He said we would be partaking of: "This is my body."' "

When I was about 12 or so, a friend of my mother's asked us to go with her to look for her glasses. She was nearly blind without them. They were bottom-of-a-coke-bottle thick. Seems she had taken them off the previous night and flung them she knew not where, in the excitement of the moment of her "healing" by some evangelist at a tent meeting. When the emotion wore off, she was still unable to see -- and she needed her glasses. (We didn't find them.)

The Catholic Church demands proof: medical evidence of the condition and its duration, the condition must be incurable by medical measures, and evidence of an instantaneous cure, that the condition no longer exists and has not returned. There is a medical bureau at Lourdes, with doctors who are atheists and other religions who examine the patient, the evidence, and do follow-up examinations when spontaneous healing occurs. Very few are pronounced "medically unexplainable." Less than 100 since 1858. Have you ever seen anyone that was healed by Benny Hinn ten years ago and is still disease free? Was there evidence that the claimed ailment actually existed and was not emotionally based? All we see is the sizzle -- not the steak.

A little book written by Alexis Carrell, the doctor who invented the first artificial heart, Voyage to Lourdes, had a huge impact on me when I was an atheist. He had been an atheist also, but he accompanied his patient (inoperable tubercular peritonitis) on a train trip to Lourdes and watched her healed before his eyes.

Remember when Oral Roberts said publicly that he'd had a vision, that God was going to take his life if he couldn't raise 8 (or was it 80?) million dollars for Oral Roberts University? People unzipped their wallets and gave him the money, and Oral Roberts lived. Whew! That was close! That's a Godly name for a school, don'tchathink? Such a humble person.

Group suggestion, Paladin. Crowd excitement. Anticipation fulfilled. Emotionalism. A little hypnotic technique thrown in. The cadence of his voice. These are tricks of the trade.