An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy American Independence Day

Fidei Defensor

Fidei Defensor

Happy Independence day... blah.

Not too much to be happy about these days in America. Its such a shame that all the tireless efforts of our service men and women has been all flushed down the toilet so we can starve people in the hospital, or rip children out of the womb.

Im sick of hearing "be greatful for such a blessing to live here, and the freedoms you have." The people in Rome are just as free as we are. We shouldnt be so air headed to say that only if you are American are you blessed.

Blah.

Lets celebrate. Lets go rip some children out of the womb and then crush their skulls. That should be fun.

God have mercy on America :(

rckllnknny

fidei...i dont want to be rude..but your negative attitude towards..this country which IS a gift from God. and also looked at by the rest of the world by its leadership and freedom..i feel..should be looked at as something i should be grateful for.
perhaps if theres something going on in this world you dont understand..perhaps its just that..that you might just not understand it. im only trying to be polite and offer positive criticism. perhaps it would be better..i know..for at least myself..to so much not to look DOWN on a "person" for what they do..or ie. a country..as so much with so much anger and (downplay with hurtful remarks)
besides your attitude is the same attitude youre fighting against...
an eye for an eye would make th ewhole world go blind..

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Jul 4 2005, 12:21 AM']Happy Independence day... blah.

Not too much to be happy about these days in America. Its such a shame that all the tireless efforts of our service men and women has been all flushed down the toilet so we can starve people in the hospital, or rip children out of the womb.

Im sick of hearing "be greatful for such a blessing to live here, and the freedoms you have." The people in Rome are just as free as we are. We shouldnt be so air headed to say that only if you are American are you blessed.

Blah.

Lets celebrate. Lets go rip some children out of the womb and then crush their skulls. That should be fun.

God have mercy on America  :(
[right][snapback]631255[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Happy 4th of July

I dont always agree with the politicians in America or the politics of it but Thank God for being in such a wonderful country. Stop confusing the country with its politicians

rckllnknny

ok i think i know what i trying to say..i hope God looks past all the bad things in my life and focuses on the good things. if he just sat around and focused on the bad things i do (especially when half the time i dont realize the things i do are wrong) and dint take the compassion and understanding to realize the efforts i do take and the intentions i have when i make my choices. and denies the fact that i try to make this world a better place..and looks down at me with anger and hatred and negativity..im not so sure He would BE the God Of Righteousness...
and especially for me to assume i have somehow gained all the knowledge and enough wisdom to judge one or people of many by what they do...i would probably feel pretty horrible about myself too...especially on a day in a country where they even give us a holiday anouncing our freedom..which is the reason y everyone came/comes here...
dont like it...move.
HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!!

cmotherofpirl

I am beaver dam grateful to be born in this country. God knows its not perfect, but I am proud to be an American and I don't subscriber to the politically correct America bashing attitude on an american holiday.

Amen to Ricky sentiments.
Thank you God for giving me a country where millions of people try to do the right thing on a daily basis and are beaver dam glad to have the chance.
Thread closed.

[quote name='fidei defensor' date='Jul 4 2005, 02:21 AM'] millions of people do go to church and do try to to the right thing every day.

Blah.

God have mercy on America  :(
[right][snapback]631255[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]