An Old School Catholic Message Board

N C Y C People...

VeraMaria

What did ya bring me?? :o:P

J/K, we missed ya, glad you're all back!! B)

WE REALLY DID MISS YA!! :rolleyes:

yeah...remember, we want your "experiences" and pics and videos and whatever else... :D

Note top the crazy girls (tina, flowery, lil red): I hung out with the rest of the phamily <_< not as much fun as you <_< .......

J/K :P

GLAD YOU'RE BACK!! I feel like the little sister in Little Women when her elder sisters come back from a ball she wasn't allowed to go to...and she can't wait for her elder sisters to get back to tell her EVERYTHING about it!! :lol::blink: :D

I promise I'll post everything from Dust and Flip exclaiming "See there ARE Mexican girls here!!!!!" (What? did they expect none to go by when they have a "free tacos, so very tasty and good for you," sign? ;) ) to our whatasized guy Apollo to our dear MC JUST!!!! and the rest of the phamily!

Promise!

I will post by days, vera okay? Edited by moderator: personal information , you can help me out and post along too. Dre, add what you can!

Thursday:

No Phatmass. Got in late. Broken hearted. Saw someone I knew and it made the whole night better. hey Vera, extra pictures are going your way once we get them scanned. Jess you want some? You know what? I didn't get a pic with you crazy girl, however we'll send one with the queen as soon as possilbe.

We love the phatmass crew even more now. They are like those crazy cousins during thanksgiving that make you laugh until you your stomach hurts....or talk until the break of dawn.

Edited by Lil Red

he was SO TALL!!!! i couldn't believe it! 

We grow 'em big in TEXAS!!!

Much love to all you ladiez...I was so grateful for your bursts of estrogen on the scene at the phatmass table (the testosterone level was nearing radioactive proportions before ya'll showed up...I think your feminine touch may have saved us all from resorting to passing the time with arm-wrestling matches and belching contests...thank you...a thousand times, thank you!)

Peace, Love...and Hip-Hop,

Apollo

Kilroy the Ninja

They brought me an extra pair of gray socks (although I suspect they were a gift from Point 5 Covenant) and a small tube of Dramamine!

I am soooo blessed! ;)

Actually, we made out like bandits. We were the receipiants of a Monty Python's Holy Grail DVD with extended viewing treats and a full twenty-four seconds of glorious additional footage - absolutely free!

And DJ and I finally got some, limited edition, PM shirts. We're special!

NO really! We ARE!

But best of all we got to have Mass said in our home (we will never look at the living room the same again) and we got to visit with the PM crew without leaving the comfort of our own home.

Everybody was amesome and we enjoyed having them here!

Edited by Kilroy the Ninja

I will post by days, vera okay? Edited by moderator: personal information , you can help me out and post along too. Dre, add what you can!

Thursday:

No Phatmass. Got in late. Broken hearted. Saw someone I knew and it made the whole night better. hey Vera, extra pictures are going your way once we get them scanned. Jess you want some? You know what? I didn't get a pic with you crazy girl, however we'll send one with the queen as soon as possilbe.

We love the phatmass crew even more now.  They are like those crazy cousins during thanksgiving that make you laugh until you your stomach hurts....or talk until the break of dawn.

Okay. Thursday:

Oh what a day!!!! :( First, we had to be at the airport at 5:30am, which meant getting up at 4:30. Then our flight getting into Houston was 20 minutes late. Then, we were bumped from our hotel, but to a much nicer one, then rushed over to the Reliant area (where NCYC was). Didn't get to get over to the phatmass booth :( Stayed up late and was tired. :o (that's supposed to be a yawn)

tina, dre, yes I want pictures!!!!!!!

And the part about the phatmass crew being those crazy cousins? You are so right, girl!! So right. ;)

Edited by Lil Red

Friday:

This day was one of the most greatest days......(Saturday beat it though) We were able to hear verbs, and then Bud Welch. His story was so moving. His only daughter Julie died in the Oklahoma bombing. His story was about his feelings of anger, hatred, revenge to reconciliation. His story was so moving and very humbling. We then proceeded to go find the Phatmass booth. Well, let me tell you me and my sister couldn't find it AT ALL!!!!! We later learned we passed it all four times!!!! :lol: Finally we got smart and used the map that we had! :lol: When we finally met them it was funny. What's the first thing that they tell us? "The Mexican girls are here!!!!!" (Where were the Mexican girls to represent?) :lol::lol: It was SOOOOOO Halarious!!!!! Then they proceeded to bow down to the queen.....just kidding! It was so cool meeting them. Then we went to lunch and waiting for EVER in line like cattle and talking to people from New York, Chicago, Philly, nuns and brothers and priests. When we finally got to dinner all they had left was macaroni. It was kinda gross too, so we packed like 10 drinks in my backpack to get our money's worth. :lol::lol: We missed the first session with Daniels Window. However another YM who went said the music was amesome, but the presentation ok. It was alright, but the music was great. Then we went to hear the talk of Jason Evert and Matt Smith on Chastity and it was amesome!!!! They expected 8000 and 15000 showed up!!!! They were so good together!!!! Matt Smith ROCKS!!!!! I love the way he presented. Serious and very loving to the crowd. I had never heard him speak and this was a pleasant suprise. Then we had dinner again and it was again the same thing however we got there in time and there was still food. Everyday we walked like 10 miles!!!! Rachael Lampa was SOOOOOOO amesome!!!! She is just great. And you know what? In some of her hip-hop, I could imagine MC Just doing some rapping with her! It would have been tight!!!! But that concert was just dope, however, i thought her mic needed to be turned up a bit.....but overall it was cool beans.

Jess, did you go to the concert? I have to admit though I had to fight to keep my eyes open during some of the other performers. We were so tired! :blink:

my favorite moment was at 'hands of hope', Tony Melendez, showed a clip of when he got to play for the Holy Father. After he played JPII jumped down to meet him took Tony's face in his hand and gave him a kiss. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.

we were so sad we didn't get to see any of the Phatmass artists, esp. Fr. Pontifex :( I made posters and everything. A holy priest has got to have some groupies ya know...anyway our diosces didn't want to go till the official opening at 7 or so. :angry: Oh well, obedience right?

I'm sure you guys all did really well, and the CD sounds great!

Edited by sista2b

WOW....sounds SO fun...i especially enjoyed the part about the crazy girls meeting the phamily....LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol: (mexican girls.....really :P:blink: :D funny thing to say for introductions...:P ?)

and all of you seem to have mentioned that apollo is TALL!! LOL :lol:

littleflower+JMJ

im putting up pics up very soon.

but only over there in yahoo.

check them out.

:lol:

yes apollo is VERY TALL!!

when i took a pic with him he had to bend over to get in the camera!

but it was because of me...i was too short!

haha

i wish i was tall....... <_<

:D :lol::lol: :lol:

Ehhh...OK, you guys are probably going to hate me for this, but I really didn't think that it was that great compared to others I've been to. I don't think I'm the type of person to go to mass with "contemporary" music. Other than that it was perfect. Wait, the food...the food was DISGUSTING. :huh: The best meal I had was in some hole in the wall Chinese place, and it was actually pretty darn good... B) OK, then the shops were alright and the speakers were decent...the games were pretty aiight too. Oh! And they closed the joust game (the thing where you whack eachother with soft batons) because some kid conked his head on a conrete pillar nearby and this kid was bleeding like crazy. :blink: There was like a big red splotch on...wait...bad. <_< Then the Knowdaverbs was cool...yeah, it was decent. I consider it more of a "fun" thing than a "religiously touching" thing though. <_< Guess it's been all the Marian conferences I've been to lately... :huh:

Oh, and I'll post some pictures here when I get them developed. :)

Edited by nikkan_hanil

littleflower+JMJ

HAHA i liked rachel lampa's concert!

but they guy with long hair playing irish music running around was TORTURE!!

i mean for reals.

and thats cuz im being nice here.

haha okay okay i'll be nice.

he was okay.

:lol: :lol: