An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning a vocation

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul
[font="Times"][color=purple]For years I thought I was being called to the Poor Clares or the Carmelites, however, this Dominican order has been in the forefront of my discernment. and I feel the need to share this wonderful time with you. I hope you will pray for me and the sisters of the Lockport Dominicans for continued support in my vocational discernment.

On July 22 I will travel out from Hartford CT to visit them, and I really can't wait to meet Sister Imelda, and the other sisters.

:saint:

Jessica
a little soul seeking to save souls for God's will.[/color][/font]

Heya Jessica!

Isn't Sister Mary Imelda soooooo lovely??? I have also been quite seriously discerning with the Monastery of the Heart of Jesus. I love Dominicans.

There are quite a few girls on the board in the same position, like Karin... Also, have you read Sister Marjories countdown thread? It is all about the last 20 odd days before she entered with them, it should be somewhere in this board.

Well, God bless and I will definitely keep you in my prayers!!!

Edited by memtherose

DiscerningSoul
:priest: Father David Z. He was very late to mass yesterday and he said he wrote the letter for the visitations but he didn't mail it yet, I told him he didn't need to but I asked him to mail it to the Dominicans, but silly me didn't have the address with me. So he said he would be at 7am mass. Well he wasn't at 7am mass. After attending the 7am mass I went to my home parish of St.Peters and saw father walking his dog, the dog is eldery and today it walked with great difficultly. I sat in my seat in church and prayed to God for his guidance in my life.
After 9am I went to my father's and had a really good nap, but I napped to long and was late for the Fatima/Divine Mercy hour that Father David Z. usally preside over and yes father was there in the middle of his homily when I came in.
After the holy hour I was enrolled in the brown scapular and Father David Z said the prayers over me and sprinkled me with holy water.
I am happy to report that I was able to give him the address. On the other side of the note paper I used to write the address down I wrote a thank-you to him. He is going to Peru about the same time I will be visiting in LA so please pray for Father David Z for me.

At school where I do security I was able to feed a skunk, yes a skunk! I sat about two feet from it as it ate some crackers I gave it. When I moved to leave it told me it was nervous about me by scrapping the ground.
No it didn't spray me. LOL skunks will only spray if they need to, they try to run or scrape the ground as a warning, they may pat there feet drumming style or do circles if frightened and of course they do spray.
In the past I got to do a skunk rescue, LOL the poor thing had a yogurt cup stuck on it head! LOL so what do I do? with half the neighborhood watching I carefully walked up to the poor skunk and picked the cup up and it came off with the weight of the skunk and it ran off without spraying.
God made skunks and they are a wonderful animal, yesterday I watched one eatting bugs. Thank God for wonderful animals like the skunk.

[url="http://www.livejournal.com/users/discerningsoul/"]http://www.livejournal.com/users/discerningsoul/[/url] <<<This is my online 'blog'

I will write more later.

DiscerningSoul

[b][font="Courier"][color=purple]Blessed Be one week to go to my visit with the Dominicans! Interviews, measurements, prayer and wow so much more! :clap: [/color][/font][/b]

DiscerningSoul
:saint: Its my B.Day :clap: yeah!
And only two days till my trip to the Dominican convent. Yeah!
God Bless you all! thank you so much.
and Thanks to Sister Imelda for all her wonderful support!!!

PS: We need a "nun" smilily.

:bugeyes: WOW! Almost everyone on here is intrested in the Dominicans in LA. I wish i could meet ya'll my diocese is right next to theres except i think that its like an hour or more away from my house. I haven't met the Dominicans yet but i do hope to. Although there is another order in the diocese that i am intrested in but I wanted to say Hey. Oh yeah and welcome to LA when you get here all of you.
God Bless You All,
Sara :D

DiscerningSoul

Thanks so much for the Welcome, there will be two other girls visiting also. I won't be alone and I just can't wait to meet Sister Imelda.
:bounce: :cheer: :flowers:

Thats so exciting Jessica!!!!! I hope to visit them in my next school holidays....so maybe September. Pray that I can!!!!!!!! (if its Gods will!!!) Hope you have a wonderful time, Sister Mary Imelda is sooooo sweet, as is Mother. OK then I'll keep you in my prayers!

DiscerningSoul
:D Yeah one more day! oh packing, packing, oh my!
So much to do so little time.

Please pray for vocations to the Dominican order! :saint:

ThyHolyLove

I'm sooo excited for you!! Have a great, prayerful time and of course, tell us EVERYTHING (hehhee) when you get back!

aaaaand here's a Hail Mary just for you :D

Hail Mary, Full of Grace
The Lord is with Thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

daugher-of-Mary

hey sisters in Christ!
I don't want to detract from Lockport at ALL, but I got a letter today from a Sister friend at the Sisters Servants who told me about another Dominican community in desperate need of young ladies in Marbury, AL. They are VERY orthodox and have perpetual Adoration and Rosary. Please PM me if you are interested, and sorry for the highjacking!

wow...new smilies :0) :annoyed: :detective: :disguise: :saint: :shades: :shock: :smokey: :thinking: hehe. *ahem*

well yah know Lockport desperately needs them to... but where ever some one is called is best AL or LA lol. God Bless and Mary keep you all and espcially Jessica i cant wait to hear what Jessica has to say when she gets back