An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discerning a vocation

DiscerningSoul

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='karin' date='Jul 24 2005, 10:28 PM']well yah know Lockport desperately needs them to... but where ever some one is called is best AL or LA lol. God Bless and Mary keep you all and espcially  Jessica i cant wait to hear what Jessica has to say when she gets back
[right][snapback]657776[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I had a wonderful trip and congrats to you!

DiscerningSoul

WOW! This is a week I will not forget!
I spent this past week with the Lockport Dominican's and what can I say? WOW!
OK my planetrip in I meet this 35yo insurance worker who was on her way to a family reunion. She had mentioned that when she was in collage she had discerned for some time about being a Nun, but she didn't become one but she sat in my row and it was neat to talk to her.
So I get to the convent by some very nice lay-domincans and I walk into the retreat house and every light is on and a huge spread of food is waiting for me! Oh mmmmmm the food was so good and filling, one warning-if you go for a visit COME HUNGERY! the portions are huge!

So I talk with Sister Mary Imelda and we talked alot for the 1st days alot, I visited the chapel alot too and of course prayed alot also!

After a week I got most of my application done, just two more major health forms and reccomidations and a long list of other things need to happen before the vote on my application happens however, Sister thought it looked positive so far. (meaning my application is still PENDING) but I am hoping things will come together for me to enter on Mother Mary's feast day of Sept.8th.

On my flight from Detroit to Hartford guess who I meet? The same girl I sat next to going from Hartford to Detroit! WOW how weird is that? So we talked and it was really nice.

So please keep me in your prayers!

O my goodness Jessica!!!! That sounds absolutely awesome!!!!!! I hope and pray that all goes well according His will!!!!!

Praying for you of course!

DiscerningSoul

This is really cool, on the food network right now I am watching a 40$ aday and she is focusing on New Orleans! I just got home from there, Boy is God tring to tell me something?

Let's see other neat things:

My parents living on Church st when I was born, the convent is on church street.

My mothers middle name is Rose, my conformation name is St.Rose of lima, St. Rose of Lima is a domican nun, the lay-dominican who brought me to the aiport had a rose on her phone.

The bishops name down there is Jakob, my fathers name also.

L.B.'s Court date is on Spet.8th, the same date I might enter.

Seeing the same girl on my flight to and from.

Can you say fate or is God tring to tell me something?

[quote name='DiscerningSoul' date='Jul 30 2005, 06:46 PM']This is really cool, on the food network right now I am watching a 40$ aday and she is focusing on New Orleans! I just got home from there, Boy is God tring to tell me something?

Let's see other neat things:

My parents living on Church st when I was born, the convent is on church street.

My mothers middle name is Rose, my conformation name is St.Rose of lima, St. Rose of Lima is a domican nun, the lay-dominican who brought me to the aiport had a rose on her phone.

The bishops name down there is Jakob, my fathers name also.

L.B.'s Court date is on Spet.8th, the same date I might enter.

Seeing the same girl on my flight to and from.

Can you say fate or is God tring to tell me something?
[right][snapback]664984[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Tee hee......I don't know if God is telling you something or not. Just keep praying that His will works out in the end....

btw, my middle name is Rose of Lima as well.....

mariology21

[quote name='memtherose' date='Jul 30 2005, 02:10 AM']
btw, my middle name is Rose of Lima as well.....
[right][snapback]664993[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

I took St. Rose as my Confirmation name. I love her!!!

~Jen

DiscerningSoul

[quote name='karin' date='Jul 30 2005, 01:21 PM']I think it is a sign and you should be there ;) tee hee God willing. if you enter then I can meet you! TEE HEE!
[right][snapback]665357[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

God willing I will follow after you.
I know Sister was scrubbing the walls and cleaning the room.
I can't wait to meet you!
Oh How tall are you? I think I am going to be the smallest one there, LOL! :drool:

DiscerningSoul
:D: Silly me, I forgot to tell everyone that Sister Marjorie looks wonderful and says "hello" to everyone, I had mentioned with the permission of Sister Mary Imelda that everyone here said "hello" from here.
She is nice! :saint:

Jessica! That sounds soooooooo amazing!!!! Oh my goodness! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!! God willing, I may be looking at entering as early as next January..............!!!!!!!!

God bless and be with you!

• 2 weeks later...